What is the scariest movie you've watched?

The Shining used to be it for me as I saw it when I was like 8 or something and it just scared the hell out of me. However, as an adult, to this day the original Paranormal Activity scare me every time. The first time I saw it in the theater, I left my lights on at bed time.

lol poor guy.

The Shining.. (Y)

Friday the 13th.

I don't get to get out and watch movies like I would want to. but I watched pacific Rim

I think the acting and script were rubbish but, the action scenes, with the jaegers and Kaiju fight scenes were awesome. Big giant robots.... that was its only saving grace. The computer graphics, watching them in 1080P thank goodness they weren't using windows 8/8.1...

guaranteed BSOD. LOL :P 

• 1 month later...

In the past 5 years I really think Insidious was actually scary.

That's what my friend told me too. So I watched it . I almost fell a sleep. It was soooo horrible. If you haven't yet seen the conjuring yet, watch that, I was surprised! I went in with VERY low hopes, but was surprised It was WAAAAAY better and more scary than Insidious.

I watched Sinister with a friend and she gets really into horror movies, usually I laugh my way though them but I found myself jumping and having to force myself to look at the screen more than once! Not sure if it was her being so scared that got me going or if it was genuinely scary though :P

I watched Sinister with a friend and she gets really into horror movies, usually I laugh my way though them but I found myself jumping and having to force myself to look at the screen more than once! Not sure if it was her being so scared that got me going or if it was genuinely scary though :p

Oh for sure. The first time I watched that it scared the CRAP out of me!! ..I usually don't get effected by those types of movies... but that music!!!! SOooooo creepy!!!!

I watched Sinister with a friend and she gets really into horror movies, usually I laugh my way though them but I found myself jumping and having to force myself to look at the screen more than once! Not sure if it was her being so scared that got me going or if it was genuinely scary though :p

Oh yeah, Sinister. My sister told me to watch that the other week. The home video parts made me incredibly uneasy, but the ending ruined the film for me (I won't tell what happens though in case someone wants to watch it).

That's what my friend told me too. So I watched it . I almost fell a sleep. It was soooo horrible. If you haven't yet seen the conjuring yet, watch that, I was surprised! I went in with VERY low hopes, but was surprised It was WAAAAAY better and more scary than Insidious.

Insidious was creepy at first.  Then the gay devil lookin' thing came and I lol'd hard.  The conjuring was good, gave me a few jumps but in general not that scary.

Oh for sure. The first time I watched that it scared the CRAP out of me!! ..I usually don't get effected by those types of movies... but that music!!!! SOooooo creepy!!!!

That movie has one of the most ridiculous opening scenes in a horror movie I've seen.  Pretty twisted, and definitely one of the better horror flicks in the last few years.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Begotten". It's really sick.

I was interested, so I got hold of it and tried to watch it. Even if you follow the story of a god killing himself, reborn again and then again (not sure on that last part, I had to stop for a moment) it's quite twisted. I got 57 minutes in to it before having to stop. :/

Round two, let's see if I can make it to the end. :cry:

I'm an adult; there is no such thing as a scary movie.

That said, I have probably seen more horror movies than most of you on this forum.

Ridiculous comments!

Blair Witch.  I was 8.

Since I got older, there hasn't been a movie made that genuinely scared the hell out of me.  It sucks. 

I'm an adult; there is no such thing as a scary movie.

That said, I have probably seen more horror movies than most of you on this forum.

OMG, you are SO adult... We can all tell by how much maturity oozes in your post.  Way to one up everyone on the website without knowing anybody.  LOL!

• Like 2

Hello,

Personally I dont like scary movies because I watch a film to enjoy it, not come out terrorized by it (thats why my thing is comedy)

Let me comment a few things before:

Brokeback Mountain

2016: Obama's America

Both very offensive and trolling comments.

Gravity. :yes:

You found Gravity scary? That wasnt its point but hey, I would it a horrible film.

Anyways on topic, I dont care many of you and filmakers nowadays understand scary; I think its more filmmakers fault that mix gore or suspense or thriller all in one bag. There are no real horror movies nowadays anymore.

That being said, like many of you, my scary movie happened during I was a kid. And mine is worst than any of the "joke" movies here

:laugh: Titanic :laugh:

I have NO idea but I actually was scared to death during the drowning scenes and actually left the cinema crying :laugh: Seems I had some strange fear and or panic attack. I dont fear water or anything so its nothing related. Strange.