What is the scariest movie you've watched?

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - the scene where Laura Palmer walks into her (well-lit by sunlight) bedroom turns a bit and sees psycho-dad crouching by the side of the bed is damn freaky...

OMG, you are SO adult... We can all tell by how much maturity oozes in your post.  Way to one up everyone on the website without knowing anybody.  LOL!

Oooh, you really showed me...

Anyway, I think "most disturbing movie you have ever watched" would make for a more interesting thread.

Hello,

More terrifying than scary.

Well, thats because you problably have agoraphobia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoraphobia

You might wanna see a doctor, Dot Matrix. Im not making fun of you, just seriously giving you some advice :)

I cant remember any really good scary movie for years, but, I reckon, any woman is more than a scary movie :)

Sexist much?

Well, thats because you problably have agoraphobia

:blink:

I agree with Dot Matrix, I found Gravity to be pretty terriying, albeit not in the sense that I originally thought was the intention of this thread. I was sat there watching as Sandra Bullock was completely helpless to do anything, drifting further and further away from people that were equally helpless and unable to support her. When you think of the vastness of space, how these astronauts are only attached to shuttles and stations via rope, and furthermore how that shuttle has nothing to stop it from having the slightest malfunction and causing things to go FUBAR...agoraphobia doesn't enter in to it for me, I find the situation of complete helplessness to be terrifying.

I might watch that again over my lunch break. I really enjoyed that film.

I have NO idea but I actually was scared to death during the drowning scenes and actually left the cinema crying

I have a friend who has a fear of open water and she can't watch that film.

Hello,

:blink:

I agree with Dot Matrix, I found Gravity to be pretty terriying, albeit not in the sense that I originally thought was the intention of this thread. I was sat there watching as Sandra Bullock was completely helpless to do anything, drifting further and further away from people that were equally helpless and unable to support her. When you think of the vastness of space, how these astronauts are only attached to shuttles and stations via rope, and furthermore how that shuttle has nothing to stop it from having the slightest malfunction and causing things to go FUBAR...agoraphobia doesn't enter in to it for me, I find the situation of complete helplessness to be terrifying.

I might watch that again over my lunch break. I really enjoyed that film.

Wow, getting scared terrified by that is pretty weak; Thats what I ment that he (and yourself) might suffer from mild agoraphobia. Very wide open spaces.

I mean, I would be scared if I was in that position. But knowing its a movie, I dont know.

Then again, I think Gravity sucked so :laugh: maybe thats why I see it differently.

I have a friend who has a fear of open water and she can't watch that film.

Thalassophobia or aquaphobia?

Can she go to the beach? Im not sure if its being IN open water or just seeing it.

Wow, getting scared terrified by that is pretty weak; Thats what I ment that he (and yourself) might suffer from mild agoraphobia. Very wide open spaces.

I mean, I would be scared if I was in that position. But knowing its a movie, I dont know.

Weak? Wow, thanks for being insulting. People are scared of clowns whereas I am not, I don't call them weak for it. :no:

I don't suffer from agoraphobia. If anything it's the opposite, I hate crowded spaces and can't wait to get out in to a more open area. My issue is a lack of control and a feeling of helplessness. In the situation put forwards in Gravity there is nothing that Sandra Bullock can do to stop herself moving further away from Earth, and there is nothing Houston can do to get her back. Even if it were possible, the ship is wrecked so there goes the possibility of getting home. I could continue through the rest of the film with the various disasters narrowing down the choices and making things look more and more unlikely, but let's not ruin the entire film for others that haven't seen it.

To continue the topic, I was having this conversation with some friends last night and one of them said that the scariest film they have seen is Session 9. I've not heard of it before, and the cast and synopsis don't give me too much hope, but I told them I would give it a go sometime soon. Let's see.

As a kid I was terrified of It, Chucky, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th. But now, those movies aren't scary no more, and I haven't see a good scary movie in a long time. I will say though, the Scream franchise is my favorite.

To continue the topic, I was having this conversation with some friends last night and one of them said that the scariest film they have seen is Session 9. I've not heard of it before, and the cast and synopsis don't give me too much hope, but I told them I would give it a go sometime soon. Let's see.

it's been a long time since i've seen it, but as far as i remember, it had some really intense scenes, where i got scared to death.

-andy-

I watched Alien when I was 8 years old, it was terrifying, to this day it still makes me feel uneasy watching it. Amazing work, thats how you do a monster movie, you barely show it. The suspense of wondering what the Alien would become as it kept growing kept me so on edge, and even though you only saw it for flashes, those flashes scarred me.

The 1999 version of Sleepy Hollow. Watched it as kid and it scared the living crap out of me, especially this scene :

http://youtu.be/qwjdv-RSPs4

Couldn't sleep that night. Kept dreaming I was being decapitated by the horseman.

These days, I usually watch horror movies with friends and we laugh harder than we would if we were watching a comedy.  

The Exorcist - Director's Cut

Yep... This movie is one of the craziest I have ever seen. Impressive. smile.gif

The Exorcist: Director's Cut is also VERY scary.

Same for me. The Exorcist.

Oooh, you really showed me...

Anyway, I think "most disturbing movie you have ever watched" would make for a more interesting thread.

No no no, good sir.  It is you that has shown all of us.  THANK YOU!

Hello,

Weak? Wow, thanks for being insulting. People are scared of clowns whereas I am not, I don't call them weak for it. :no:

I don't suffer from agoraphobia. If anything it's the opposite, I hate crowded spaces and can't wait to get out in to a more open area. My issue is a lack of control and a feeling of helplessness. In the situation put forwards in Gravity there is nothing that Sandra Bullock can do to stop herself moving further away from Earth, and there is nothing Houston can do to get her back. Even if it were possible, the ship is wrecked so there goes the possibility of getting home. I could continue through the rest of the film with the various disasters narrowing down the choices and making things look more and more unlikely, but let's not ruin the entire film for others that haven't seen it.

To continue the topic, I was having this conversation with some friends last night and one of them said that the scariest film they have seen is Seesion 9. I've not heard of it before, and the cast and synopsis don't give me too much hope, but I told them I would give it a go sometime soon. Let's see.

No, no, no, I wasn't calling you weak. Trust me, the things I have phobias of, you would laugh your ass off :laugh: I wont say them in public because it is embarrassing.

Also, agoraphobia is, I think, for both ways: Crowded spaces and open spaces :)

I was simply stating that saying that the actors' position was terrifying is weak; I understand spooks, gore, etc. but just someone floating in space without any kind of "action" is I don't know......

Like I said, I never liked Gravity as film so.

When i was a kid The Exorcist and Poltergeist scared the hell out of me and the last time a horror film gave me goosebumps was The Exorcism of Emily Rose.