San Francisco may vote on banning male circumcision

Whoever thinks that the parents of a child should be allowed to decide about doing something irreversible to it is a moron. Ban it.

Anyone who thinks parents shouldn't have the power to make whatever choices they feel important whether for medical reasons or religious, is a moron. agree to disagree.

Isn't this the same crowd that thinks that govt should fund late term abortion (read: murder)? Liberals balk at pro-life people but don't think it's within the parent's rights to have a circumcision done? ROFL.

if they ban circumcision, tell them to vote for ban of baptism too. you are drowning an infant in water!

Ermm... no.

Skip to 2:00 and watch from there.

Anyone who thinks parents shouldn't have the power to make whatever choices they feel important whether for medical reasons or religious, is a moron. agree to disagree.

Isn't this the same crowd that thinks that govt should fund late term abortion (read: murder)? Liberals balk at pro-life people but don't think it's within the parent's rights to have a circumcision done? ROFL.

Uh no. I don't think you'll find anyone who is a liberal that would want anyone to fund late term abortion.

Parents make tons of irreversible decisions for their children... that argument is positively ludicrous.

Circumcision isn't dangerous, or harmful, or abusive, or traumatic... this is just a bunch of pushy crazies trying to force their opinion on others.

edit: am I the only person who sees this as Take 2 for the "ritual slaughter" argument? At least I can take consolation in the fact that this is being pushed by a lobby, and not the senators themselves. I'm sure it will be struck down quickly.

Uh no. I don't think you'll find anyone who is a liberal that would want anyone to fund late term abortion.

Huh??? Liberals are the overwhelming majority of those in support of lifting bans on late term abortion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion#United_States_2

Oh, and on the baptism thing, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but you do know there is a difference between what you showed in that video and "immersion baptism", right?

It doesn't remove any sensativity. On the contrary, it exposes the area with the higest level of nerve endings to direct contact.

That's right, it exposes the area. To your pants and underwear. So after years and years of rub rub rub against your underwear, it becomes significantly desensitized.

Huh??? Liberals are the overwhelming majority of those in support of lifting bans on late term abortion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion#United_States_2

Oh, and on the baptism thing, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but you do know there is a difference between what you showed in that video and "immersion baptism", right?

I see nothing in that link about Liberals wanting to lift bans on Late term abortion. In fact, the word Liberal does not exist on that page.

It was done to me when I was a baby, but did no damage that I am aware of... just I have a easier to clean penis and the girls couldn't be happier with it :) baboom!

That's right, it exposes the area. To your pants and underwear. So after years and years of rub rub rub against your underwear, it becomes significantly desensitized.

I don't think it ever becomes significantly desensitized... except after like an hour of sex, then of course, anyone's starts to.

If people over 18 would like to be circumcised, I see nothing wrong with that, but forcing unconsenting children to be circumcised is awful, immoral, and damaging. What if they don't want to be religious and decide not to follow a religion? What if they'd rather have a foreskin? Why do children not get a choice in the matter? It's a disgusting tradition that should only be carried out when the person being circumcised consents.

Parents make tons of irreversible decisions for their children... that argument is positively ludicrous.

Circumcision isn't dangerous, or harmful, or abusive, or traumatic... this is just a bunch of pushy crazies trying to force their opinion on others.

Umm... my friend who works at the hospital would disagree with you.

1. Dangerours/Harmful - Sometimes circumcision doesn't go well and people end up with ugly looking stuff.

2. Abusive? I consider tying someone up and cutting part of their stuff without any anesthesia pretty abusive.

I don't know about making a law about it, but I'm glad my parents didn't take that decision for me :laugh:

Didn't see immersion baptism mentioned.

If people over 18 would like to be circumcised, I see nothing wrong with that, but forcing unconsenting children to be circumcised is awful, immoral, and damaging. What if they don't want to be religious and decide not to follow a religion? What if they'd rather have a foreskin? Why do children not get a choice in the matter? It's a disgusting tradition that should only be carried out when the person being circumcised consents.

It was done to me when I was a baby, but I have to say, I prefer it like this.. though I don't remember what it was like before lol. But from videos I've seen that have had other's junk in them, I think the foreskin is something nasty and odd.

Whoever thinks that the parents of a child should be allowed to decide about doing something irreversible to it is a moron. Ban it.

Exactly. If the child wants it, he can do it when he's 18. The parents, or their religion, should not have any irreversible influence on the kid.

Allowing people to do anything they want to themselves and their children always ends up badly.

...out of curiosity, how many non-American guys in this thread think circumcision is normal? :whistle:

It was done to me when I was a baby, but did no damage that I am aware of... just I have a easier to clean penis and the girls couldn't be happier with it :) baboom!

I don't think it ever becomes significantly desensitized... except after like an hour of sex, then of course, anyone's starts to.

It's not even significantly easier to clean. I mean. If you've got funk building up under the foreskin, then you either dont bathe at all.. or you don't know you have a penis.

I mean, it's not very hard to pull the foreskin back and lather that sucker up.

No, this point you're trying to make is ludicrous. These people are taking off body parts of unconsenting children. How is that fine? I know I would have despised my mother if she'd had me circumcised. I like having a foreskin and would rather not be without.

It's not even significantly easier to clean. I mean. If you've got funk building up under the foreskin, then you either dont bathe at all.. or you don't know you have a penis.

I mean, it's not very hard to pull the foreskin back and lather that sucker up.

I have no clue about how to clean a foreskin had penis LOL, but pulling back skin always sounds odd :p. Mines more like washing my arm, just rub it lol.

Didn't see immersion baptism mentioned.

He was calling baptism "drowning" which only would be even somewhat reasonable in the context of immersion baptism. Sprinkling certainly couldn't be compared to drowning.

Since it seems that all you are wanting to do is play word games without making an effort at understanding the context of what is being said, I'm just going to assume that you are now doing nothing but trolling.

No, this point you're trying to make is ludicrous. These people are taking off body parts of unconsenting children. How is that fine? I know I would have despised my mother if she'd had me circumcised. I like having a foreskin and would rather not be without.

Actually, I think if you grew up without it, you would view it more in my way. It's all about how long you have to become attached to "what is you". I doubt though if you had it done as a kid you would hate it, as you would most likely have grown up thinking that most people were like you. I didn't know about foreskin for quite some time, and by then, I was accustomed to myself as is, and viewed it differently.

I have no clue about how to clean a foreskin had penis LOL, but pulling back skin always sounds odd :p. Mines more like washing my arm, just rub it lol.

How does it sound odd? You pull it back and it looks just like yours, although, the tip of it always hurts due to it being more sensitive. Then you just wash it like normal. And then the skin goes back.

And when its hard, it looks exactly like a cut penis. Foreskin might be on the head a little bit, but barely.

It was done to me when I was a baby, but I have to say, I prefer it like this.. though I don't remember what it was like before lol. But from videos I've seen that have had other's junk in them, I think the foreskin is something nasty and odd.

It's fine if you don't mind the fact you've had it done, but what if you'd grown up to dislike not having a foreskin? There would be no way to change it back. You could have had yourself circumcised at this age; an age you are ready to consent. Circumcising unconsenting children is horrible. I can't even stand the idea that I was christened, and they obviously did nothing to harm me whereas circumcision harms the child.

He was calling baptism "drowning" which only would be even somewhat reasonable in the context of immersion baptism. Sprinkling certainly couldn't be compared to drowning.

Since it seems that all you are wanting to do is play word games without making an effort at understanding the context of what is being said, I'm just going to assume that you are now doing nothing but trolling.

Not playing word games. If people don't correctly identify what they're talking about, then i'm going to nitpick that until it is mentioned what is being talked about.

And on one note. I've never heard of any girl not sleeping with a guy because of their foreskin or lack of foreskin. And for those that do, then they're too shallow, and i'd never give them the time of day :)

Or they have the IQ of a brick. Either or.