Mac OS X Lion to have native support for NTFS...

not important huh? what about people who are in large organizations who rely on windows heavily who have massive amounts of data stored on NTFS volumes, and I'm not talking about network attached storage, but fiber channel SAN's and large portable external drives, etc.......

Then Don't Use Mac OS X and stick with your Microsoft Windows OS ?

Why would Windows want to run Linux programs...

5 years ago Windows was 95%. Now it's 80% and dropping.

Times change, better get used to it.

LOL. It's listed as 87% in Wikipedia, and that's because they take into account all the mobile OSs. iOS takes 2.24%, Android 0.75%, Symbian 0.20%, BlackBerry 0.39%. Mainstream Linux is still hovering around 1%.

• Like 3

I'm fairly certain he meant natively, as in included in a default install of Windows.

OR you could just use the HFS+ read/write driver that Boot Camp installs into Windows to share files over to your OS X partition instead of going the other way around. But I guess that makes too much sense.

OK, so what if you are in OS X and need to save a file onto your Windows partition? The only way to do that using your solution is to save it to the OS X partition, boot into Windows, then copy it over to the Windows partition. Yeah, it works, but it isn't always the ideal solution in every case.

That's Windows 7 only. Also, can it open my ODF spreadsheet? Or my ODF presentation? No. It's also limited to the 1.1 specification, and has only partial support.

And can Windows 7 open Excel spreadsheet? or PowerPoint presentation? No. It has absolutely no support for Office formats OOTB save for DOCX and ODF.

Can Vista, XP open DOCX? NO.

As usual your logic and reasoning is Flawed.

I think, lower Windows marketshare will be a god send for Windows - where most dumb users will run to Macs ("because they are easier to use"), most FSF fanatics will use Linux ("because Microsoft is illegal monopolist") and most sane users will users will use one or more of whatever operating systems they want.

With lower marketshare, Windows won't be limited by stupid monopoly complaints from Google, Symantec, Opera, Mozilla etc.

I pray that Windows goes down to 60% or lower. The more dumb users off it, the better. :p

Snow Leopard Could Already "Detect" NTFS, see bottom part of this image...

post-125102-0-35266300-1304368813.png

And as I've pointed out earlier, it has been able to do that since 10.4:

picture1oc.png

Sorry man - I forgot this was the year of Linux, sorta like last year and the year before that and the year before that too and it gained a ton of marketshare to top it off, hmmm.

Long story short: Currently Mac OS X Lion doesn't have any fundamentally new capabilities that aren't present in Mac OS X Snow Leopard today when it comes to NTFS support.

To The Protagonist: It would be nice if you did some actual research before posting and jumping to conclusions next time.