Justin Lin to Return for Fast and Furious 6

Following a record-setting box office weekend, Fast Five director Justin Lin has confirmed to USA Today that he'll be back for a sixth entry in the high-octane franchise.

"It's pretty much 100 percent," Lin says, "It's going to happen."

Lin's comments match those made by Vin Diesel to ComingSoon.net last year on the Georgia set of the latest adventure.

"This is a trilogy," the star announced, "...When I was thinking of this 'Fast & Furious,' I thought of it as three stories. The one that you saw [4], this one [5] and the final one [6]."

Lin's comments today, however, are a bit more ambiguous regarding the ultimate future of the franchise:

"At five, we're just hitting our stride," he says, "We're growing. People want to continue this journey."

Indeed, plans may have changed since Diesel spoke or the star may personally have plans to exit the franchise after one more big-screen outing. What is certain is that the locale will be updated next time Dom and his team return to theaters. While Lin only says that a change of scenery will happen, Diesel was, last year, a bit more specific.

"I think we'll be in Europe in the last one," he announced.

Read more: Justin Lin to Return for Fast and Furious 6 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77137#ixzz1LKbl48nq

Europe is kinda a guarantee.

at the end of the credits in 5 pretty much says that it is going to be taking place in Germany

BTW the movie was actually VERY impressive, I did not intend to enjoy it as much as I did to be honest.

if Diesel is out of the franchise, it's over. They must have either Walker or Disesel in the movie. or else it will be failure. Before you say it, yes Diesel was in Tokyo Drift. :laugh:

if Diesel is out of the franchise, it's over. They must have either Walker or Disesel in the movie. or else it will be failure. Before you say it, yes Diesel was in Tokyo Drift. :laugh:

I've always wondered but to me it seems like Tokyo drift, if you want some sorta timeline for the movies, is last. And Diesels character, pretty much on the run from the US, and now Europe, ends up in Japan last. Maybe it's just me though.

• 1 month later...

That does look quite cool. Hopefully it's real, because I enjoyed Fast and Furious 5 a lot. The end to Fast and Furious 5 was quite clearly setting the scene for the sixth film, and I like the look of where it's going. I can see Tokyo Drift either being moved to the end of the story chronologically, or even being removed and viewed as non-canon.

That does look quite cool. Hopefully it's real, because I enjoyed Fast and Furious 5 a lot. The end to Fast and Furious 5 was quite clearly setting the scene for the sixth film, and I like the look of where it's going. I can see Tokyo Drift either being moved to the end of the story chronologically, or even being removed and viewed as non-canon.

the poster is from the licensing expo so its real but the date and title may change!

the poster is from the licensing expo so its real but the date and title may change!

Oh, brilliant! I've never heard of ComingSoon.net so I was a bit skeptical. Now that I know it can be trusted I'm very happy with that. The series might not be the same kind of good that critics look for, but for the people who just want to watch fast cars, action and explosion they're great.

do they really need another one? is that all hollywood knows how to do? (make sequals) no wonder sales are down..... LOLOLOLOL.

do they really need another one? is that all hollywood knows how to do? (make sequals) no wonder sales are down..... LOLOLOLOL.

After how awesome 5 was, and the twist ending, yes, whole-heartedly YES :D I don't see the series going being 6 unless the story requires two movies, but I see 6 ending the current run.

well if 5 was really good I'd have to see it haven't gotten time to mess with movies :(

• 2 weeks later...
With Fast Five taking in nearly $600 million at the worldwide box office (shocking, I know) a sequel was inevitable, and now Universal has set the Fast and Furious 6 (or Fast Six) release date for May 24, 2013.

Fast Five director Justin Lin is set to direct for the fourth time in a row, and Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson are all expected to return. Following the success of the last film Universal chairman Adam Fogelson said he hopes to transform the street-racing franchise into a series of heist films.

?We?ve heard so many people say, ?I?ve never seen one, and I?ve never wanted to see one,? about the Fast franchise,? Fogelson said. ?So if these movies were still about street racing, there was probably a ceiling on how many people would buy tickets. We wanted to see if we could raise it out of about racing and make car driving ability just a part of the movie, like those great chases in The French Connection, The Bourne Identity, The Italian Job,? Fogelson explained. With Dodge as a partner, ?Our strategy behind one of the biggest bets we?ve ever made is that the business has gone so far towards CG action every weekend, that we really believe creating a movie with real action and real cars will be amazing stuff to people excited by seeing something real.?

He also said Dwayne Johnson (who plays a federal agent assigned to track down the Fast Five gang) will be ?integral to the action in Fast Six.?

• 10 months later...

DTgvG.jpg

Production is slated to begin on Fast and Furious 6 (that?s the working title for now) soon, and director Justin Lin looks to be adding a strong female presence for his Fast Five follow-up. We learned last week that MMA fighter/Haywire star Gina Carano has entered talks to join the car-enthusiast ensemble, and now The Daily Mail claims that Rihanna is set to take on a villainous role in the pic. It?s important to note that The Sun is a somewhat less-than-reputable source, so this casting news should be taken with a grain of salt for the time-being.

The artist stars in this summer?s Battleship, but we haven?t seen much of her acting ability in the trailers so it?s hard to judge this casting choice, should it turnout to be true. Remember Samantha Mumba in The Time Machine? Oh, you don?t? Dwayne Johnson told Steve that they?ll be filming Fast and Furious 6 in London and Berlin, so we can look forward to an international vibe for the upcoming actioner. The film is slated to open on May 24th, 2013.

http://collider.com/rihanna-fast-and-furious-6/162881/

v0Xlc.jpg

According to sources, former Doctor Who David Tennant has been in talks over skype with director Justin Lin for a part in the film as well.

I don?t know which role specifically, whether it?s a bad guy role, or a good guy role as one of Luke Hobb?s men but trust me, they been talking.

Now remember boys and girls, it?s talks, not an offer. Whether it pans or not, we will know soon enough. Fast Six starts shooting this month and is scheduled for release on May 24, 2013.

http://latino-review.com/2012/05/03/exclusive/

• 1 month later...

3billion? I know it's wiki but $1.591.404.818 lol

Does wiki just give you box office ticket sales? I ask because that $3 billion could very well be DVD and BluRay as well.

Really...these movies need to stop. It's the same thing, over and over.

Why? I enjoy them, as do a lot of people. If you don't like them, don't go see them. Life can really be quite simple once you take a stick out of your ass ;)