Justin Lin to Return for Fast and Furious 6

Really...these movies need to stop. It's the same thing, over and over.

Other than involving cars, I don't see anything that is exactly the same, over and over in the FnF series.

• 1 month later...

well if 5 was really good I'd have to see it haven't gotten time to mess with movies sad.gif

all of em were good. Tokyo Drift wasn't great, but it was good. Easily the weakest link, but still fun to watch once.

Five was fantastic.

• Like 2

a462637d.jpg

Director Justin Lin and his Fast And Furious casting team are continuing to sweep the world for interesting performers and have been cherry picking people from all sorts of movies. The latest addition is Indonesia?s Joe Taslim, who might be more than a little familiar to those of you who thrilled to the kick-ass antics of The Raid earlier in the year.

Taslim will play a villain named Jah in Fast Six (or whatever it ends up being called), a cold-blooded killer who employs both martial arts manoeuvres and some serious parkour abilities to battle Vin Diesel and co. Sounds like a good choice to us!

As well as Diesel, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez and Dwayne Johnson are all returning for this outing, which also adds franchise newcomers Gina Carano and Luke Evans.

Universal is keeping the plot a secret for now, but apparently Diesel?s usual gang of thieving / driving types will go up against Evans? squad when they both target the same job.

Lin is cranking the cameras now and the movie will screech into cinemas on May 24 next year. If it's even half as demented as Fast Five, we will be there with bells on.

Gah Why would anyone cast Michelle Rodriguez in anything? I wonder if she'll play the "tough girl". :rolleyes:

Fast & Furious 6 is to be filmed in Glasgow, it has been confirmed.

Around 250 people will work on the evening shoots for the latest instalment of the action series in late August and early September.

However, none of the main cast - including Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson or Paul Walker - will be present at the time.

Glasgow was chosen by the movie's producers after a meeting earlier this year with the city's Film Office.

The scenes will shoot in Cadogan Street and Broomielaw, reports BBC News.

Glasgow City Council leader Gordon Matheson said: "It is great to see the city attracting another movie of this size so soon after our marvellous success in 2011.

"We look forward to seeing the Fast 6 shoots here and giving them a great Glasgow welcome."

Glasgow Film Office has stated that recent Hollywood productions - including Brad Pitt's World War Z - have increased the city's economy by ?20.15m.

Other movies shot in the city include Tom Hanks's Cloud Atlas, Scarlett Johansson's Under the Skin and David Tennant's The Decoy Bride.

Does anybody have a date for the filming in Southend? It's 10 minutes away from me so I'd go see it if I knew when it was!!!

###### those muscles?!

He was just on WWE the other week for the 1000 Ep and he looked way less in the weight dept than he even looks in this picture so don't be fooled by it, the man has really lost some tone and weight so I'll be surprised how long it takes him to get back up into this.

As for the movie- lookin forward to it as I loved them all - Drift was pretty damn good if you ask me and I'd love to see the main actor in it return in this one.

all of em were good. Tokyo Drift wasn't great, but it was good. Easily the weakest link, but still fun to watch once.

Five was fantastic.

I think 5 was the best so far, just watched it again tonight on cable

I wonder how long they're going to keep making prequels before catching up to the Tokyo Drift timeline. It's kind of odd that Japan doesn't have any cars that have been manufactured in the last 7+ years :rofl:.

Really...these movies need to stop. It's the same thing, over and over.

They're really not though. They all involve cars yet, but it's not the same story time after time. I find them thoroughly enjoyable, if not a little daft in places.

• 3 weeks later...