HTC Inspire

htc-inspire-4g-front.jpg

Now that AT&T has lost its exclusive grip on the Apple iPhone in the US, the company is looking to attract new customers by jumping on the Android bandwagon. The wireless carrier has landed two of the most anticipated Android devices of early 2011 - the Motorola Atrix 4G and the HTC Inspire 4G. While labeling these devices ?4G? is a bit of stretch, both are high-powered smartphones that will fuel AT&T?s Android mission.

The HTC Inspire 4G combines the best qualities of my two favorite HTC devices from 2010, the HTC EVO 4G and the Google Nexus One. The design is also very similar to the new HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon. However, the distinguishing factor of the Inspire is that it costs a lot less than all of its high-powered Android cousins, all of which retailed for $200 or more at launch. AT&T is launching the Inspire at $99 in order to win over more Android fans to its network.

Specifications

Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon (QSD8255)

RAM: 768MB

Storage: 4GB internal, 8GB microSD (expandable up to 32GB)

Display: 4.3-inch WVGA with 800?480 resolution

Battery: Lithium-ion with 1230 mAh capacity

Ports: micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack

Weight: 5.78 ounces

Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.7 x 0.46 inches

Camera: 8MP with auto-focus, dual LED flash, and HD video capture

Sensors: Accelerometer, A-GPS, digital compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor

Keyboard: Virtual QWERTY

Networks: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HSPA+ 850/1900 MHz

Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth 2.1

Tethering: USB + mobile Wi-Fi hotspot

Price: $99 (with 2-year contract)

This came out a while ago... Why post this now?

I didn't see any posts or threads on it.

Why carriers are bringing new Android smartphones with outdated OS ?

Outdated OS? It has Android 2.2.1

That is not an outdated OS. The new Android 2.3 is really not that different than 2.2.1. Only small improvements or add-ons.

This is a nice phone. A friend of mine got it and she loves it. My contract is up in a few months and if nothing better arrives before then I may get one of these.

Outdated OS? It has Android 2.2.1

That is not an outdated OS. The new Android 2.3 is really not that different than 2.2.1. Only small improvements or add-ons.

2.2.1 is still outdated like selling Vista PCs instead of Win7

2.2.1 is still outdated like selling Vista PCs instead of Win7

That's the trouble with Android though.

But I'd hardly say it's like Vista, rather Windows 7 without a few updates from patch Tuesday.

Does anyone know how to get the stock HTC clock/weather widget on other android phones (SGS)???? :p

Beautiful Widgets its not free but its worth it :)