• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:14

Trillian for Mac is way better.

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 May 2011 - 14:18

Well, someone like .Neo would say : why make one when Growl works?

Sort of hate it when people put words in my mouth, I'm perfectly capable of expressing opinions all on my own... But okay... ;)

In this case I'm glad Mac OS X doesn't have a build-in notification system like Growl. Not because there's a perfectly fine third-party solution - most of the time I prefer Apple's build-in solutions to others - but because I hate nagware. It's one of the reasons I can't stand Windows and enjoy working with Mac OS X more: It doesn't constantly bug you with what's going on behind the scenes.

#19 roscoebobo

roscoebobo

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 07 February 2012 - 16:29

Have used Adium and Trillian in the past with Mac but stopped because we use Windows Live Messenger at work and make fairly heavy use of groups. Neither of those allows for named groups that stay around (as opposed to ad hoc group creation). When I got messenger for mac (8.0) I was excited that I would be able to transparently use mac for some work stuff and no one the wiser. Sadly, I can't find any way to join group in mac version. Hopefully I'm missing it and someone can point me to how to do it (or an alternative if it exists).

Thanks