Paint color code for Green screen

Hi,

My class mate and I was asked to help make a green screen & video editing room for our education. We have the equipment listed, but we are not sure about the paint for the green screen, we have two different green paint samples that were close to what we have seen in videos and pictures online. Does any of you guys know a color code for a green paint that will work best...? The guys at the paint shop didn't know anything about it :p

Try pantone 354 C.

Source.

I haven't a clue what that means, but apparently that could be it. At the same time another result says:

As far as i know, there?s no such thing as the perfect rgb-value for greenscreen.

The most important facts are that the screen is evenly lit and that there?s a clear difference in color to the forground object.

In fact the screen could be any color that differs from the foreground. it used to be blue for Film, because of the way it was processed and because it?s the color that is opposed to the reds of skintone...

Nowadays when shooting digital it?s mostly green, because video is most sensitive in the green channel.

So from my point of view, you don?t have to aim at certain rgb-values in postproduction, all that matters is a clear difference to the foreground subject... :)

Of course it should not be too dark, because you?ll need as much information in the green as possible to seperate the foreground...

Source.

So basically I don't think there's a definite answer.

Thanks, we came across that Pantone code yesterday, and one of our samples was really close to it. We just wanted to be sure. The last source was good, thanks :) We will use one of our sample colors :)

• 3 months later...

The way I've always understood it, you can really set the "green screen" to be any color you choose, and adjust your equipment accordingly. You just have to remember to never use anything in the foreground that is that same color (or even really close), unless you want it to end up transparent (which is actually a good thing for certain special effects).