Translated news of brawl outside Sanlitun Apple Store

I meant to post this in the front page comments section but it's too long and got truncated.

As I don't hang out in the forums often, this thread might be in the wrong area. If this is the case, please move this to the appropriate section for me. :)

MacX.cn http://macx.cn/a/a.htm?B=4000&ID=1863165

(Title) Sanlitun Apple Store - glass shattered, store closed, real-life Street Fighter (unconfirmed)

Sanlitun Apple Store is temporary closed due to scalpers rush buying white iPhones or iPads. A piece of glass shattered, someone is injured.

It looks like there was disorder outside of the Sanlitun Apple Store. Customers were asked to leave though the back door, then the whole store has been closed. Seems like a foreigner beat this guy up, some people have blood on their face!

The following message is unconfirmed:

???xx (name of person who seems to tweeted this event)?Reporting live at Sanlitun Apple Store, store is closed due to too many people queuing up, it's not easy queueing up here in such hot weather, how dare some foreigner from Apple beat a Chinese man unconcious, confirmed by Chinese witnesses nearby, the man who got beat up is one of the many customers that queued wanting to buy Apple products here today here. ?????????????????????????????????? (this sentence not translated to prevent flame wars)

tech.sina.com.cn http://tech.sina.com.cn/it/2011-05-07/19085493568.shtml

(Title) Conflict outsite Sanlitun Apple Store, 4 injured

(Some photos of the incident. Sign outside Apple store: Work in progress, we apologize for any inconvenience. We are working hard to make this store better.)

(Photo caption) Peace has been restored at the place of the incident.

(Photo caption) Scalpers are still looking for customers there

A conflict has occured in Sanlitun Apple Store this afternoon, some queueing customers and store staff are involved in physical conflict, 4 are injured and are sent to hospital. As of 5:30pm (Beijing Time) when our Sina Technology reporters arrived, peace has already been restored and the store is temporary closed for police investigation.

According to witness/witnesses, some people attempted to jump the queue, causing this conflict. A smaller conflict has occured while security was trying to maintain order, then a foreigner walked out of the Apple Store, beat some of the customers up, then walked back into the store. A group of customers requested to enter the store to find out the person who beat those customers, but were blocked by security officers. During the conflict, a glass door of the Apple Store was shattered.

The above has not been confirmed by Apple and the incident is still under police investigation.

According to witness/witnesses, the name of the foreigner is John, was wearing Apple staff uniform, and might be staff of the Apple Store. The identity of this man has not been confirmed officially by Apple.

As of 5:30pm (Beijing Time) when our Sina Technology reporters arrived, peace has already been restored, a sign outside the store says "Work in progress, we apologize for any inconvenience. We are working hard to make this store better", security officers say the store will not be reopened tonight and it is not certain whether it will be reopened tomorrow.

Tweet from ???? (name of evening newspaper) reporter ??? in Sina Weibo (China's Twitter equivalent): "The 4 customers who got beat up are 2 teenage men and 2 middle-aged women, the girl in the photo is a relative of one of the men. After the incident, the store is closed for police investigation. The floor has been washed repeatedly. According to Apple staff, the glass door damaged during this incident is worth RMB$300,000. The injured customers are now hospitalized in Chaoyang Hospital, their relatives say they paid for the expenses themselves, they couldn't find that employee that beat them, no one from Apple showed up."

Our phone calls to the Public Relations department of Apple China were ignored.

Fights happen everywhere.. This case is just in front of an Apple Store.

LOL. I used to live in Beijing and I know that spot. The whole street is bars and dance clubs. I bet the crowd was drunk :rofl:

even.apple.fans.r.not.all.classy.like.they.define.them.selves.to.be :devil: