Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3

Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3 2.3.1.1022 is released. https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/downloads

2.3 had a few minor issues and I put together 2.3.1.1022 quickly to resolve them.

Info on Gmail Notifier Plus is here Gmail Notifier Plus Readme

For my own sanity, I won't be replying to support requests or error reports on the forums here. But members should feel free to help out other members.

Please report any errors on the project on Github, along with error data. I won't triage issues on the forums here.

Report issues here: https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/issues

If you plan on reporting issues, you may wish to use the -debug.zip download, as it contains files which allow the program to generate more detailed error reports. If you report a bug and want it fixed faster, use the debug build.

Cheers

Btw, if anyone would like to take some new screenshots of the new jumplist options, toast feature, tray feature and new preferences window for the GitHub readme, it would be much appreciated.

2.3 had a few minor issues and I put together 2.3.1.1022 quickly to resolve them. Thanks to the folks who reported those issues quickly. You can find this update on the same downloads page.

Just curious, what are the differences between the error reports generated by the regular build and the debug build? I didn't notice any difference in the error reports produced.

Line numbers, more specific namespace information, etc. You could do a diff on the text content of each and it would pop out at you.

Looks like we've gotten somewhat stable. I'll start entertaining requests at this point, if anyone has any. As per usual, if I can't find it useful, I probably wont add it. But anyone can feel free to fork the repository and add features they want, and then file a pull request to have it added to the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for this fantastic software! I just installed the latest version and it seems to be working perfectly!

Cheers,

Red

So how do I uninstall this?

I would love it except for the fact that I use "only combine when taskbar is full" so instead of just having a tidy little envelope with an unread count (which is what I wanted), I also get a big "gmail notifier" label next to it, which I certainly do not want.

Otherwise, is there a way to delete the label so only the envelope will display?

Hi to Admins :)

Can you please make a funtion that allows us to "reset" the new message by our own so we don't have to read our new emails or delete them just to be able to reset that number?

I hope you understand what I mean?

Sometimes, there are some emails I don't want to read and don't have time to delete but I still want to be able to reset the "new message number" in Google notifier plus to Zero.

I want this kind of function because now, I have to either read (open) my email or delete it in order to reset this numer in Google notifier plus.

My english is poor but I hope you understand what I mean otherwise I can try explain once again for you :)

Thank you so much and this function is really important cause sometimes there are junk mails which enters the main inbox anyways...

^ Woot! 3 X Resident One Post Wonder just to post something about your Gmail Notifier

Ask your part of the profit from Neobond, mate :rofl:

Looks like great software, gonna try it out :cool:

Any idea on what might be in the next version of GNP?

I opened it up for discussion but no one's really posted much. There have been a few requests but they're kinda "out there" and not something I would use, so I probably wont write them in.

Right now just a few bug fixes for fringe cases that got reported. I'm still not happy with the config UX, so I might circle back on that and change it again. I really wish Windows had a standard config UX to use.

As always I'm still accepting pull requests if anyone wants to get their hands dirty and write some code.

Hi there.

Firstly thank you for the hard work on this app. I have just installed the latest version.

Please forgive my complete ignorance but I have a quick question I could not find an answer to on the other threads on the Notifier.

I have multiple accounts (3) and when emails get notified and I click on the envelope or inbox, should it take me to that particular account? If so this is not happening. I have none of the accounts set up as default. I assume it's something I haven't set up correctly.

Once again sorry for asking such a simple question.

• 1 month later...

# Downloaded Gmail-Notifier-Plus-2.3.1.1022.

# Closed Original Gmail Notifier

# Moved 2.3.1.1022 to Program Files

# Opened 2.3.1.1022

# I get no left & right click abilities. I have to use the Task Manager to close the program.

@tehmemories cant even say how many times it's been stated that github is the place for support.

@aznkid25 the last version has been pretty solid for everyone so far. there's not really much more to add other than standardizing the settings dialog/window and adding more abilities for individual emails. there hasn't been much outcry for that, so I've just been using it as-is. A guy forked the project and added a few features. I'll probably have a look at that in a while and see if it's solid enough to pull into the main project. If it is, I'll release a new build with his changes.

@General Trouble file an issue on github

Hello, thanks again for this wonderful little app, however I'm having a problem I didn't have earlier. Posted the issue in github (Blurry text on Windows 7).

A few guys have submitted some solid pull requests to the app, so I'll probably be pulling those in and releasing a new build in the next few weeks. Busy busy at the moment.

So I'm tweaking (and fixing) the way emails are shown, with regard to the order within toast windows.

input needed: if i have 5 emails in my inbox - would 1 of 5 be the newest, or oldest email?

So I'm tweaking (and fixing) the way emails are shown, with regard to the order within toast windows.

input needed: if i have 5 emails in my inbox - would 1 of 5 be the newest, or oldest email?

If it was me, I would want to see the newest email in the window.