• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 23:37

I got a alpha lite key from a guy on 4chan
I like it, the graphics are much improved as are the animations, radio talk and the inventory
However, Im finding it very very hard! It seems its the friendly AI who are killnig everyone, I cant hit anything! Even when fully zoomed in the enemys are TINY! If I try get closer then I just get mowed down from a guy with an AR 300 meters away! :laugh:
I need a scope or something, also I hate how the recoil doesnt return to centre, so if you fire 1 shot, you are left aiming like 20 feet above thier heads. It makes auto fire totally pointless, its hard to hit someone with a single shot never mind a full clip

#47 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:12

Well it is supposed to be a mil sim - So you do actually have to manage recoil and spread, this is not meant to be an FPS-replacement for Battlefield or Call Of Duty. Cover is essential, learning the new stance system is essential for cover and thus survival. Never leave yourself exposed, the AI will punish you harshly.
There's very little bulletdrop right now, you have to be at extreme ranges before having to compensate noticeably. Going fully automatic is only something you should do in CQB, where you still have to fire in bursts not to loose control of your weapon, and even in CQB going semi-automatic is still very much viable.

#48 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 16 March 2013 - 17:23

I need a decent respawn script for my co-op missions.

#49 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 16 March 2013 - 17:31

I have 3 invites as well. first 3 to claim them will get them.
just reply to this topic claiming.

not sure how fun single player is going to be though.

I would love an invite!

#50 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:39

Well it is supposed to be a mil sim - So you do actually have to manage recoil and spread, this is not meant to be an FPS-replacement for Battlefield or Call Of Duty. Cover is essential, learning the new stance system is essential for cover and thus survival. Never leave yourself exposed, the AI will punish you harshly.
There's very little bulletdrop right now, you have to be at extreme ranges before having to compensate noticeably. Going fully automatic is only something you should do in CQB, where you still have to fire in bursts not to loose control of your weapon, and even in CQB going semi-automatic is still very much viable.

Yeah I guess i play a lot of FPs' like COD so maybe im comparing it too much to that.
Im pretty sure the aim returned to centre in arma 2 though, Ive played quite a few hours of that and didnt find hitting people quite so hard as I am now. It just seems like the characters are very small but it may just be the mission i played. (Ive only played the first one - infantry showcase)
I just kept wishing i had a scoped weapon lol

#51 killmaster84

killmaster84

Neowins n00b

• Phone: Nokia 1020

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:12

I have one lite I can give away.

#52 OP Dwarden

Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:30

Some info about new Fog system we just added to Arma 3 Alpha (development branch)

#53 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:05

I'm gonna need a new graphics card :/

#54 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 14:20

I really need to get my SLI setup going. Oh how I hate being poor.
The new fog looks good, and it will drive the visual goodness up another notch even when I thought it couldn't get any better.

#55 Rob_brum

Rob_brum

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 17:19

I would love an invite please.

Regards
Rob

#56 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 18:16

I would love an invite please.

Regards
Rob

PM me with your mail used for steam, I'll send you my last one.

#57 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 April 2013 - 22:04

This is looking amazing.. I got the Deluxe Digital edition. I can't wait for servers to get up and we get closer to release.. this is going to be sick.

#58 cammy

cammy

Neowinian

Posted 23 April 2013 - 00:11

Can someone send an invite my way? Thanks.

#59 cammy

cammy

Neowinian

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:06

I got a lite code (games cool, but it's a bit lame being the lite version) anyone out there got a full game serial for steam? I'd suck a dick for it lol.

#60 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:56

Just heard, and tested, that opting in for the Dev Branch results in an "upgrade" to Beta, adding loads of new vehicles, weapons and a new army.