[Official] ARMA 3

Connvienience comes first for many consumers, and it doesn't get much easier than Steam. And I guess no publishers saw a profit in selling ArmA 3 in North America.

I do understand them as DayZ will become/are Standalone and besides that it's a niche market - It doesn't appeal to the masses.

Convenience comes first for me too, and to me that means installing the game as fast as my DVD drive can read the media--not waiting the whole day to download a multi-GB game.  And then do it all over again if I decide to move the game to another computer.

Convenience comes first for me too, and to me that means installing the game as fast as my DVD drive can read the media--not waiting the whole day to download a multi-GB game.  And then do it all over again if I decide to move the game to another computer.

Getting the physical disc is the problem for me. I have to count on the postal services to deliver it and they do that before noon, else I have to drive quite a bit to get to the nearest proper gameshop.

With my connection it iisn't really a long wait to play a game. 40 minutes and I had Rome 2 preloaded. ArmA 3 is like max 20 minutes until I'm in-game.

I think the latest physical copy I bought was Skyrim at release.

Getting the physical disc is the problem for me. I have to count on the postal services to deliver it and they do that before noon, else I have to drive quite a bit to get to the nearest proper gameshop.

With my connection it iisn't really a long wait to play a game. 40 minutes and I had Rome 2 preloaded. ArmA 3 is like max 20 minutes until I'm in-game.

I think the latest physical copy I bought was Skyrim at release.

Maybe, but you only have to purchase the game once.  OTOH, you might have to install a game multiple times.  I'd still rather have the physical media.  I can only dream of downloading a game the size of ArmA in 20 minutes.

• 1 month later...

The first part of the single player campaign, Survive, is out.
I spent a few hours and frankly I'm not impressed by it so far - Quick, fine missions but nothing mindblowing and I can't honestly understand that the campaign is coming out in 3 parts given the content released so far. The campaign consists of infantry only missions, with no use of vehicles except for transport
Though I did get some ideas for some missions of my own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update 1.08 was released today ...

http://www.arma3.com/news/aaf-reinforcements-pack-for-arma3#.UqjMPSmA3mF

Changelog: http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00016

Linux & Windows standalone server package (2GB): http://dev.arma3.com/techrep-00002

arma3_screenshot_05_mbt52tank.jpgarma3_screenshot_04_hellcat.jpgarma3_screenshot_03_mora.jpg

new vehicles and other goodies , gazillion of fixes and tweaks ...

more to come next year :)