Microsoft E3 badge hints at Halo, Star Wars, Portal reveals

ars technica

Ars has more photos of the badge.

Microsoft E3 badge hints at Halo, Star Wars, Portal reveals

Microsoft has sent badges to members of the press allowing entry into their E3 press event, and boy, are they laden with expectation. We know that Nintendo and Sony both have new hardware to show off, but Microsoft is much more of an open question. What will be shown? Does the company have anything that will get players excited?

post-62693-0-24410500-1306248715.jpg

The envelope came with a badge, and stickers you can use to fill in a few slots on the badge. The phrases, character names, and images come from a few large properties, including Star Wars, Halo, Tomb Raider, and Portal. Take a look, and let's get to speculating!

So what do we see? Lightsabers, Lancers, an energy sword, and the names Luke Skywalker and GLaDOS. We know there's a Star Wars Kinect game on the way, and there's an image of the Kinect hardware right there. The rest of the images and names aren't quite as cut-and-dried. Will we finally see the HD-enabled remake of the original Halo? Exclusive Portal 2 content? There's an image of a guitar; will there be a new rhythm game?

This is fun to think about, and the badge certainly did its job: we're excited for the event. We'll be able to share more during our liveblog of the event Monday, June 6.

Portal's "surprise" is just going to be a showing of the upcoming free DLC that both the 360 and PS3 will get. Valve has nothing major to announce, or they'd actually be there as a studio showing stuff off.

All the rest really isn't that hard to guess, except for maybe Halo. Probably either DLC for Reach or the rumored XBLA remake.

Star Wars ... some kinect based game to be honest like the one in the weird preview that was shown before kinect launch where he moved his hand after the lightsabre moved on screen :laugh:

Halo 4 maybe? :shiftyninja: More likely some DLC.

Still hoping for that Halo CE remake, I get most of the logos they use,

Lightsaber = Star Wars Kinect and maybe The Old Republic if they show off some Windows stuff?

Batcar = Batman: Arkham City

Plane = Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Lancer = Gears 3 and maybe that rumored Kinect title?

Kinect = Kinect Games

Energy Sword = Halo remake or maybe even a Halo 4 announcement, lol?

Lightning Bolt = MGS Rising

I would assume either the Axe or the Sword is something to do with Codename: Kingdoms form Crytek, But what are the Guitar and what looks like Nunchucks for?

IN NEED OF HALO 4. The only reason I did not want to get Reach was because it was a prequel...

IN NEED OF HALO 4. The only reason I did not want to get Reach was because it was a prequel...

Why would it being a prequel stop you from getting it?

I doubt we'll be seeing a Halo 4.

Lightsaber = Star Wars Kinect and maybe The Old Republic if they show off some Windows stuff?

Kinect = Kinect Games Not just the games imo probably some more kinect software based updates like stereoscopic 3D support maybe?

I would assume either the Axe or the Sword is something to do with Codename: Kingdoms form Crytek, But what are the Guitar and what looks like Nunchucks for?

IMO that nunchuk looking thing looks like a skipping rope so maybe more family based kinect games. That guitar thing may mean that we are getting an air guitar type game :laugh: Yup, that axe is definitely Codenamed Kingdoms for sure though I'm still hoping for a Lost Odyssey 2 announcement but I doubt it it will happen :(

Kinect = Kinect Games

This year being 10 year anniversary of both Xbox and Halo:CE, I think it's pretty obvious we will see something Halo - a Halo:CE premium theme if nothing else! :laugh:

I am hoping for a Halo:CE arcade port with absolutely NOTHING changed except adding XBL option for multi-player! I am ok if they do it without adding TrueSkill MM in it. Although if they do port it, I think graphics upgrade will be added which might **** up the whole look of the game. :/

Not expecting Halo4 till NeXtbox, probably Reach 2 but MC ain't coming back this soon IMO.

Looks like a normal car to me for Forza 4, probably one of the games i'm hoping to see the most :)

• 2 weeks later...