Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- Poll: Should Windows 9/Threshold be X64 only? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Weird blue gradient background and clouds breaking the site in Site & Forum Issues
- Faster hard drive ... in Hardware Hangout
- Madden NFL 15 won't be playable early unless you pay for EA Access in Microsoft Console
- People really like looking at porn on their PS3s in Gamers' Hangout
- The Forza Horizon 2 Demo is Coming! in Microsoft Console
- Telltale, you magnificent bastards in Gamers' Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.