Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- AccuWeather on Verizon is terrible. in Android
- SGS6 vs. HTC One M9 in Android
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Words that are spelled the same, but have different meanings in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Wife kills herself over 'Gay' Spouse in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 App Design... in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.