Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- Printing via RDP with a none supported printer in Internet, Network & Security
- Help with webhosting? in Web Design / Programming
- Graphic card.. 8 pin and 6 pin?! in Hardware Hangout
- Screenshots of Windows 10 build 10031 leak in Front Page News
- Problems with 2015 Random Funny Pictures Thread in Site & Forum Issues
- Super SSD tech: Fancy a bonkers 8TB all-flash PC? in Back Page News
- I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days in General Discussion
- Odd password field question in Software Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.