Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- How do People Believe this Stuff? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Budman and IT security experts, please come in man... in Internet, Network & Security
- The Ultimate Gear Poll - 2015 in Digital Camera Lab
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Arrest of Marquita McCall - Graphic Video in Real World Issues
- Saudis Begin Airstrikes Against Houthi Rebels In Yemen in Real World Issues
- A 26-year-old MIT graduate is turning heads over his theory that income inequality is actually about in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.