Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- Man mocks alligators, jumps in water and is killed in Texas in Real World News
- What does everyone think of the new Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Just started new YouTube series; looking for feedback in General Discussion
- July 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- ShareX 10.0.0 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.