Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- Why do a lot of Right Wing see no issue with cable companies practice? in General Discussion
- ModernResizer - v0.1 in Software created by our members
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Math problem from 9th grade that's stuck on my mind ... in General Discussion
- Meet the browser: Chrome Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.