Federico Biancuzzi interviews Nitin and Vipin Kumar, authors of VBootkit, a rootkit that is able to load from Windows Vista boot-sectors. They discuss the "features" of their code, the support of the various versions of Vista, the possibility to place it inside the BIOS (it needs around 1,500 bytes), and the chance to use it to bypass Vista's product activation or avoid DRM.
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in web browser discussion support
- Windows 10 Privacy - Keylogger in microsoft windows discussion support
- Creator of original Windows 95 Start menu unimpressed by Windows 10 version in front page news
- Man parks plane in driveway in real world news
- Best Mac Anti-Virus Thread in apple mac discussion support
- [W10] Anyone else getting a huge calculator when they start a second instance of it? in microsoft windows discussion support
- [W10] BIG activation problem in microsoft windows discussion support
- Best Buy will help you upgrade to Windows 10...but its help doesn't come free in front page news
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.