Thanks WinFuture for the heads up on this release.
New Features in ACDSee 4.0
- A More User-friendly Interface
- ACDSee 4.0 features a redesigned user interface that creates a highly efficient workflow for beginners. This new interface can also be easily customized, so advanced users can increase efficiency.
- The new interface enables you to see and access any program functions from the main windowÂ by clicking tabs to activate functional panes. You won`t need to use drop-down menus or leave the main window to access special dialog boxes and you can continue to browse thumbnails while pursuing other functions.
This creates a more streamlined workflow by eliminating the need to open and close separate program areas to perform key functions.
- In 4.0 you can also access the entire set of program functions via the new activity wizard available in the main and view windows. The activity wizard helps beginners and novices understand the benefits and usage of every function.
- Expand file browsing area to full screen.
Viewing and Browsing Enhancements
- View over 10 new multimedia formats (DirectX 8.0, QuickTime 5.0 and GhostScript 7.0 may be needed to view some additional file formats).
- Add sound, text, transition effects and advanced timing to slide shows.
- Set zoom levels by pixels or percentages.
- Set and lock image size in the view window.
- Catalog photos from CDs for future browsing.
- Browse thumbnails from your entire CD collection without loading or switching discs.
- Browse thumbnails with file details
- See the first frame of video files in thumbnails view.
- Filter multimedia files by folders, media type, archives, albums and hidden files.
- Restrict the folders view to My Pictures only (Albums pane) to simplify browsing.
- Play video and sound files in the new multimedia window with full playback control.
Multimedia Management Improvements
- Search and edit camera and GPS metadata fields.
- Reorder thumbnails in the files pane using drag and drop.
- Acquire images from the Windows clipboard.
- Search for duplicate image files automatically.
- Create ZIP and LZH archives.
- Access your e-mail address books when e-mailing images from ACDSee.
Additional Editing Functions
- Resize, rotate and adjust exposure of image batches in any format.
- Take stills from video and addÂ audio in images.
- Take screen captures of your desktop, windows and panes.
- Create, separate and edit Multipage TIFFs.
- Retain camera and GPS metadata when editing images.
- Configure ACDSee to launch your favorite image, video or sound editor
Online Services within ACDSee
- Access tips, useful information, news and services about digital imaging within ACDSee using the InTouch services pane. InTouch includes special offers, technical support, photography and software tips, contests, newsletters, image collections and access to ACD`s software store.
- Order prints online from ACD`s photo service partners.
View: ACDSEE website
Download: Trial version ACDSEE 4.0 (12mb)