Acer expects to acquire a small company in the coming months to expand its PC business but has ruled out Gateway as a possibility. Reports last month that Acer was interested in buying a rival sparked rumors that the target might be Gateway, sending its shares to a 52-week high of $2.44 on March 19, an 18 percent leap from the start of the month. Acer declined to say who the target is but its chairman, J.T. Wang, said at an investor conference in Taipei Friday that it is "not in the United States," ruling out Gateway.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Looking for a new mouse in Hardware Hangout
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- MS has gone clinically insane in Microsoft Beta
- Twitter announces group Direct Messaging and a video recording option in Front Page News
- The Husband Store in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Windows 10 TP.. when is the CP? in Microsoft Beta