Acer expects to acquire a small company in the coming months to expand its PC business but has ruled out Gateway as a possibility. Reports last month that Acer was interested in buying a rival sparked rumors that the target might be Gateway, sending its shares to a 52-week high of $2.44 on March 19, an 18 percent leap from the start of the month. Acer declined to say who the target is but its chairman, J.T. Wang, said at an investor conference in Taipei Friday that it is "not in the United States," ruling out Gateway.
- Trojan Remover 188.8.131.5233 in Front Page News
- Indiana pizzeria swarmed with negative Yelp reviews after saying it won't cater gay weddings in Real World Issues
- MacBook Retina produces CPU benchmark numbers that put it in line with 2011 i7 Macbook Air in Front Page News
- KDE ships version 5.0 of plasma next workspace in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- OnePlus screws up again, apologizes after repeated failure to deliver OS updates on time in Front Page News
- Tor Browser Bundle 4.0.6 in Front Page News
- Thunderbird 31.6.0 in Front Page News
- Do you encrypt your folders or drives? in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.