Acer expects to acquire a small company in the coming months to expand its PC business but has ruled out Gateway as a possibility. Reports last month that Acer was interested in buying a rival sparked rumors that the target might be Gateway, sending its shares to a 52-week high of $2.44 on March 19, an 18 percent leap from the start of the month. Acer declined to say who the target is but its chairman, J.T. Wang, said at an investor conference in Taipei Friday that it is "not in the United States," ruling out Gateway.
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Buy Windows 10 Pro for $2 in Microsoft store? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10: Microsoft details new features in Xbox app in Front Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- NAS not visible in File Explorer (Windows10 TP) in Internet, Network & Security
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.