Acer expects to acquire a small company in the coming months to expand its PC business but has ruled out Gateway as a possibility. Reports last month that Acer was interested in buying a rival sparked rumors that the target might be Gateway, sending its shares to a 52-week high of $2.44 on March 19, an 18 percent leap from the start of the month. Acer declined to say who the target is but its chairman, J.T. Wang, said at an investor conference in Taipei Friday that it is "not in the United States," ruling out Gateway.
- Automatic Theme on News page too slow in Site & Forum Issues
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Anand Lai Shimpi retires from Anandtech in Back Page News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Adfoc.us and adfly and every other popup?! in Internet, Network & Security
- Ultimate Icon Converter : Create and convert .ICO files very easily in Software created by our members
- URGENT: Readability and ad issues on Neowin front page [resolved] in Site Announcements
- Pay to beta test in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.