Acer expects to acquire a small company in the coming months to expand its PC business but has ruled out Gateway as a possibility. Reports last month that Acer was interested in buying a rival sparked rumors that the target might be Gateway, sending its shares to a 52-week high of $2.44 on March 19, an 18 percent leap from the start of the month. Acer declined to say who the target is but its chairman, J.T. Wang, said at an investor conference in Taipei Friday that it is "not in the United States," ruling out Gateway.
- Windows 10 build 10558 leaks online, includes new Messaging and Skype Video apps in Front Page News
- Desktop Disabled/Hidden? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Comcast User Hit With 112 DMCA Notices in 48 Hours in Back Page News
- Which free image hosting site do you use? in General Discussion
- New shot along the American River in Digital Camera Lab
- iSealed: iPhone 6s / 6s Plus appears water-resistant, withstands being submerged for 60 minutes in Front Page News
- What are your other hobbies aside of gaming? in The Hobby Corner
- More secure than Wordpress? in Internet Network Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.