Ad-Aware 2007 is the latest version of Lavasoft's industry leading anti-spyware solutions. Ad-Aware 2007 allows you to combat the growing threats and latest advancements of malicious spyware and malware. Lavasoft's advanced Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology roots out deeply hidden malware and then searches for similar codes in order to identity emerging variants. Ad-Aware 2007 thoroughly scans your memory, registry, Hosts file, hard, removable and optical drives for known data-mining, aggressive advertising, parasites, scumware, keyloggers, trojans, dialers, malware, browser hijackers, and tracking components.
Ad-Aware 2007 Features
* Fully redesigned engine – provides optimal productivity with fast scans and top resource efficiency
* Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology – results in better detection of deeply imbedded and emerging malware
* Enhanced Detection Database – protects Ad-Aware 2007 users from more malware, with incremental and automatic updates resulting in fast download times
* New graphical user interface (GUI) - easy tonavigate for beginners while maintaining advanced options for experienced users and businesses
* Automatic scans and Web Updates– the all-new scheduler allows you to set a personalized schedule for automatic scans and definition file updates
* Ad-Watch TrackSweep –this new feature erases tracks left while surfing the Internet on IE,Firefox and Opera, in one easy click of a button
* Ad-Watch Connect – provides users with advanced protection as an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft
* Hosts File Editor – allows users to add, delete or make changes to the Hosts File to create Web navigational shortcuts and block specific sites
* Multiple Browser Support – Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera
* System Restore Point – provides a system restore point, particularly valuable for computer users who may have deleted a file in error during cleanup of their system
What's new in beta 2
Graphic User Interface
* Lost connection to service when Windows hibernates is fixed.
* Ad-Aware 2007 "lost connection" dialog message is fixed and only launches with lost connection to the service.
* Removed memory leak after closing Ad-Aware.
* The "Windows Start-up Scan" setting can now be implemented from the Settings menu.
* Screensavers cannot be activated during scanning (Smart, Full and Custom Scans) in order to prevent a "Lost connection" error to the Ad-Aware service.
* Improvements to GUI speed on select tabs.
* "Scanner is busy" error message removed when "Start-Up Scan" mode is set to Smart or Full Scan in the Settings menu.
* Multiple minor corrections made in response to forum submissions.
* Database now displays the date of the last incremental update as the database date (core engine).
* Tweaked callback for preparing file hash scan.
* A template bug used for standard windows directories (%temp%, %appdir% etc) is fixed (core engine).
* The service now registers its own failure actions, instead of relying on sc.exe during the installation process which does not work on Win2k.
* Now able to stop process during "preparing GUID scan."
* Now able to stop process during "preparing File hash scan."
* Added shortcuts to Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch to the desktop.
* Removed the call to sc.exe during installation in response to installation problems concerning Win2K.