AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionality.
What's new in this version:
- Sound Engine: WASAPI Exclusive - added support for the Push and the Event output modes
- DSP-Manager: Volume Normalization - scale factor is now displayed in the "% dB / % x" format
- Tag Editor: String parsing in the AutoTag based on the file name is now going from end
- Rollback: Fixed - inaccurate navigation at the file during playback, if it in the MP3 format
- Fixed: Audio Converter - an error occurs when trying to encode file to the OGG format with quality low than 4
- Fixed: Bookmarks Manager - cursor position in the table resets to zero after removing the record
- Fixed: Playlist - when closing the playlist tab, playlist file deleted bypassing the recycle bin
- Fixed: Skin Engine - initial size of container calculates incorrectly in some layouts
- Fixed: Skin Engine - the hit-test calculates incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed few minor bugs
Download: AIMP 3.55 1332
What's new in AIMP version 3.55 1332:
- Fixed: Playlist - no an ability to drop files to the end of playlist in some cases
- Fixed: Tag Editor - lyrics field value has been cut by first line