AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionality.
What's new in this version:
- DSP-Manager: Added an ability to switch on/off all cross mixing settings quickly
- Player: The "Insert after current" command in addition to current behavior, now puts track to the beginning of playback queue
- Fixed: The "Send To" - selected template is ignored, if file doesn't have tags
- Fixed: Plugins - Compact Disk Audio - cache is not updated in some cases
- Fixed: Plugins - Compact Disk Audio - information about the track has incorrect encoding, if information has been received from the CDDB
- Fixed: Player - The remove file confirmation dialog doesn't return focus to the previous window after closing
- Fixed: Skin Engine - value of the SizeMaximal property isn't taken into account for client-aligned containers
- Fixed: Tag Editor - ID3v2 - last value is taken into account for the "comment", "genre", "link" fields instead of first, as for the other fields
- Fixed: Tag Editor - the autotag functions is not work correctly
- Fixed: Audio Library - the application hangs when trying to move file via Drag-n-Drop, if target folder already contain file with same name
- Few minor bugs were fixed