Relax, this isn't about Advanced Micro Devices Inc. beating the Core 2 Duo. After gaining slightly more than 2% in both desktops and notebooks, AMD has broken its own record by capturing 25.3% of the $29.5 billion x86 market in the last quarter of 2006, according to a report released by Arizona PC market watcher Mercury Research. "Intel has had lower [quarterly] shares than this, but this is the lowest since late 1995," said Dean McCarron, principal of Mercury Research. McCarron noted that Intel expanded its server share by slightly more than 1% in the same period. AMD's gains came from first-time design wins in servers, notebooks and desktops from Dell, servers from Gateway as well as more design wins from IBM, Hewlett-Packard and Sun.
- [OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RTM Discussion - Build Number 10.0.10240 in microsoft windows discussion support
- Windows 10 update fails :-( in microsoft windows discussion support
- Weird activation issue and odd product ID. in microsoft windows discussion support
- Western Digital Black HDD messing up? in hardware hangout
- Is there a compact skin option? in site forum issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in the sporting arena
- Want Windows 10 TODAY? Don't want to wait for Microsoft? (No DVD/ flash drive required) in microsoft windows discussion support
- Neowin.net Terraria Server in computer gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.