Aimed at gamers and overclockers, Advanced Micro Devices has released their new AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition quad-core processor with Clock Multiplier Control and AMD OverDrive, the industry’s most powerful Windows-based performance tuning utility, for tunable performance. The processor will operate at a 2.3GHz frequency, 2MB shared L3 cache and 512KB dedicated L2 cache per core and 128KB L1 cache per core. Using 65-nanometer silicon-on-insulator technology, the CPU will be identical to its non-Black Edition counterpart (integrated DDR2 memory controller and so on) except for the unlocked clock multiplier, which allows enthusiasts to easily clock the new chip. AMD notes the processor is priced the same as the recently launched AMD Phenom™ 9600 quad-core pocessor, or $283 in 1000 unit quantities.
- Need for Speed reboot game will require an online connection in Gamers' Hangout
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- Art of Spamming in General Discussion
- Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in Software Discussion & Support
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- CPU cooler in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.