Aimed at gamers and overclockers, Advanced Micro Devices has released their new AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition quad-core processor with Clock Multiplier Control and AMD OverDrive, the industry’s most powerful Windows-based performance tuning utility, for tunable performance. The processor will operate at a 2.3GHz frequency, 2MB shared L3 cache and 512KB dedicated L2 cache per core and 128KB L1 cache per core. Using 65-nanometer silicon-on-insulator technology, the CPU will be identical to its non-Black Edition counterpart (integrated DDR2 memory controller and so on) except for the unlocked clock multiplier, which allows enthusiasts to easily clock the new chip. AMD notes the processor is priced the same as the recently launched AMD Phenom™ 9600 quad-core pocessor, or $283 in 1000 unit quantities.
- My current build... need reviews and suggestions in Hardware Hangout
- SGS6 vs. HTC One M9 in Android
- Lg g2 does it fit in your pocket? in Android
- Windows 8.1 Including February Updates ? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Google+ is dead! Long live Photos and Streams and Hangouts in Front Page News
- Glary Utilities 126.96.36.199 in Front Page News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Hands on with Microsoft's new Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.