AMD will formally complain to German anti-trust authorities about alleged attempts made by Intel to stop certain retailers selling PCs based on AMD processors, the chip maker said yesterday.Earlier this week, it emerged an unknown company has already filed a formal complaint about Intel with Germany's Federal Cartel Office (FCO). The organisation confirmed the complaint had been filed but would provide no further details - including the name of the grumbler. In briefings to journalists yesterday, AMD spokespeople claimed the company has written evidence to support the charges of anti-competitive behaviour it has levelled at Intel. But then it has said as much before, in the lawsuits it filed in the US and Japanese District Courts last year
- Mobile ads behaving badly, the May 15 update (report here) in Site & Forum Issues
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- SpaceX Dragon v2 pad abort test (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- Microsoft's Salesforce.com acquisition falls through due to price disagreements in Front Page News
- Should people be afraid of doing online banking? in Internet, Network & Security
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Mobile Login in Dolphin Browser (Android) in Site & Forum Issues
- Overclocking failed error code 71 in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.