Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years.
This situation was of most concern to valid license holders of Slysoft's AnyDVD software. While providing on the fly decryption of DVDs and, with an upgrade, HD DVDs and Blu-ray discs, the software relies upon an Online Protection Database. This database is used to identify the copy protection used by discs that were not present in AnyDVD's local index.
Without the database and, in the absence of further software updates, it seemed that AnyDVD users would have to start looking for an alternate solution, at least for discs employing new copy protection methods.
However, earlier this week, a new company in the form of RedFox has taken over control of AnyDVD and SlySoft's suite of software. RedFox, based in Belize, has only its rebranded forums in lieu of an actual website. Online purchases of AnyDVD licenses are currently unavailable but expected to return in the next three weeks.
In the meantime, RedFox issued its first update to AnyDVD, bringing it up to Version 220.127.116.11, noting the following in the corresponding changelog:
18.104.22.168 2016 03 01
- AnyDVD reborn! SlySoft is dead, long live RedFox!
- This is an intermediate release, so old customers can continue to use their existing AnyDVD license to watch their discs.
- This version can access the new RedFox Online Protection Database
- This version will only work, if already own a valid AnyDVD license
- For compatibility with 3rd party programs, AnyDVD will still use "SlySoft" for directories and registry paths
- It will replace an existing SlySoft AnyDVD installation
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- Some minor fixes and improvements
The fox is not completely back yet, but on it's way...
As to how long RedFox will survive is uncertain but, despite the sudden termination of Slysoft's operations in Antigua, it seems that the company is doing its best to support its users during the transition.