Second Life, the popular three-dimensional virtual world, seems to be becoming an attractive option for many owners wanting to advertise their companies. AOL's Second Life section, dubbed AOL Pointe, will be available for beta testing within Second Life in the next week (you can sign up now at AOL's beta site). AOL Pointe will feature different sections, such as an amphitheater and an extreme sports park, in which the company plans to highlight AOL content and services like AOL Music, Moviefone, TMZ, and Lat34.com. AOL will use Pointe to also try out new features and research how they are received by users.
- Woman dies after metal detector causes pacemaker to malfunction in Real World News
- 10 Most Mysterious Mummies in the World in It's a Conspiracy!
- School marked down by Ofsted for being 'too white' in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- 34” Monitor Screenshots in Hardware Hangout
- Barack Obama enforces US immigration overhaul in Domestic Politics
- Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- would you ride this coaster? in The Hobby Corner