In the countersuit, Apple claims that the following Kodak cameras violate Apple’s own patents:
- Z Series: Z915, Z950 IS, Z1485 IS
- M Series: M340, M341, M380, M381, M530, M550, MI033, MI093 IS
- C series: C142, C180, C182, C190, C913
- Kodak SLICE
- Z-series video cameras: Zi6, Zi8, Zxl, Zx3 PLAYSPORT
Apple filed with both a U.S. District Court in California and the International Trade Commission to block the sales of infringing products through a loophole in U.S. patent law. Apple claims the following patents in the lawsuit:
- Patent #6031964: System and method for using a unified memory architecture to implement a digital camera device
- Patent #RE38911: Modular digital image processing via an image processing chain with modifiable parameter controls
The Eastman Kodak Company originally filed suit against both Apple and RIM this past January for infringing on patents related to image previewing and digital camera processing. Like Apple has done now, they filed with both a U.S. District Court and the ITC to bar the sales of iPhones and Blackberry mobile phones.
Image credit Patently Apple.