Apple has released a security update for QuickTime 7.1.6, fixing two issues in the way the media player works on the Java platform. The most serious of these problems could give criminals a way of taking control of an unpatched computer, Apple said in a security alert: "By enticing a user to visit a Web page containing a maliciously crafted Java applet, an attacker can trigger the issue which may lead to arbitrary code execution." The second bug is considered to be less critical, but it could allow an attacker to have a look into the Web browser's memory and lead to the disclosure of sensitive information, Apple said.
- My Sony Xperia Z1 finally got update in General Discussion
- a baby was born... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
- Best ASP.NET / PHP Host in Web Design / Programming
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- 4 British Sailors Charged with Sexually Assaulting Woman in N.S. in Real World Issues
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-6 ISS resupply in Science Discussion & News
- Cyanogen in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.