Apple has released a security update for QuickTime 7.1.6, fixing two issues in the way the media player works on the Java platform. The most serious of these problems could give criminals a way of taking control of an unpatched computer, Apple said in a security alert: "By enticing a user to visit a Web page containing a maliciously crafted Java applet, an attacker can trigger the issue which may lead to arbitrary code execution." The second bug is considered to be less critical, but it could allow an attacker to have a look into the Web browser's memory and lead to the disclosure of sensitive information, Apple said.
- FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges in Back Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- The Verge just reviewed the old Android Photos app... in Android
- Generic Salary Question in General Discussion
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- Will a Planetary Alignment Cause a 9.8 Earthquake ? in General Discussion
- Sandboxie 4.18 in Front Page News
- 7-Zip 15.03 Alpha in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.