Apple has released a security update for QuickTime 7.1.6, fixing two issues in the way the media player works on the Java platform. The most serious of these problems could give criminals a way of taking control of an unpatched computer, Apple said in a security alert: "By enticing a user to visit a Web page containing a maliciously crafted Java applet, an attacker can trigger the issue which may lead to arbitrary code execution." The second bug is considered to be less critical, but it could allow an attacker to have a look into the Web browser's memory and lead to the disclosure of sensitive information, Apple said.
- "Surface 3" will have Intel Atom Cherry Trail and 4G LTE in Back Page News
- My New Turtle Bank! Isn't he cute!? in General Discussion
- Ex-CFO who slammed Chick-fil-A now on foodstamps in Real World News
- aftermarket accessories for accord v6 in The Neobahn
- The 10 Biggest OMG Moments on PlayStation in Sony Console
- LG 29UM65 Review in Reviews by Members for Members
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Upgrading thru all version of Windows......server and domain controller in Server Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.