Apple has released a security update for QuickTime 7.1.6, fixing two issues in the way the media player works on the Java platform. The most serious of these problems could give criminals a way of taking control of an unpatched computer, Apple said in a security alert: "By enticing a user to visit a Web page containing a maliciously crafted Java applet, an attacker can trigger the issue which may lead to arbitrary code execution." The second bug is considered to be less critical, but it could allow an attacker to have a look into the Web browser's memory and lead to the disclosure of sensitive information, Apple said.
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Looking to get a portable USB3 hard drive, suggestions? in Hardware Hangout
- Aetna buys Humana for $37B in Real World News
- Kraft Foods to merge with ketchup maker Heinz in Real World News
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- cisco - determining what user/device is connected to a port in Internet, Network & Security
- Windows 10 Preview (How do you like it?) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.