Apple has released a security update for QuickTime 7.1.6, fixing two issues in the way the media player works on the Java platform. The most serious of these problems could give criminals a way of taking control of an unpatched computer, Apple said in a security alert: "By enticing a user to visit a Web page containing a maliciously crafted Java applet, an attacker can trigger the issue which may lead to arbitrary code execution." The second bug is considered to be less critical, but it could allow an attacker to have a look into the Web browser's memory and lead to the disclosure of sensitive information, Apple said.
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- My same reaction when I heard Internet Explorer is being retired in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- Neowin.net Xbox Live Gamertags in Microsoft Console
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.