Apple has patched a flaw in QuickTime that could allow for remote attacks. The fix addresses a vulnerability in the Windows Vista and XP versions of QuickTime, which is commonly installed as a browser plug-in or as a component of iTunes. OS X users are not affected. Apple said that the problem concerns QuickTime Media Links (QTLs) which are often used to launch media files from browsers.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- SpaceX Dragon v2 pad abort test (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- Should people be afraid of doing online banking? in Internet, Network & Security
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- iOS 9 & OS X 10.11 to bring ‘quality’ focus, smaller apps, Rootless security, legacy iPhone/iPad in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Mobile ads behaving badly, the May 15 update (report here) in Site & Forum Issues
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- PCI-E extension/riser cable in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.