Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- 2015 Stella awards! the nominees are.... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet the browser: Microsoft Edge Next (aka IE) in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- The MMA Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Batch file to backup usernames from Windows 7 in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- PCI-E extension/riser cable in Hardware Hangout
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.