Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- The Ultimate fav drink poll in Poll Station
- WTF! Why did they disable snapping two apps/folders on both sides of screen in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet the browser: Opera Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- What does everyone think of the new IE now Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.