Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Installing IE11 in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Fallout 4 - Launching 10th November 2015 in Gamers' Hangout
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.