Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Sony records large profits, yet mobile business still struggling in front page news
- Microsoft reportedly validating Windows 10 Pro licenses bought for $2 due to Store bug in front page news
- Mozilla cries foul on changes to Windows 10's default browser settings in front page news
- Clean reinstall Windows 10 after activation from HDD to SSD in microsoft windows discussion support
- Whats your biggest Windows 10 bugbears? in microsoft windows discussion support
- August 2015 Desktops in general discussion
- Capcom's Kitchen VR game on Project Morpheus is the scariest we've ever played in sony console
- Zombi U renamed Zombi for XB1, PS4, PC, coming August 18th in gamers hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.