Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- WinRAR 5.30 out of beta, final version released in Front Page News
- Microsoft's 'Surface Phone' allegedly releasing in 2016 in Front Page News
- Mark Zuckerberg to give 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion) to charity in Front Page News
- Microsoft Store employees spread holiday cheer by by caroling in front Apple's 5th Ave store in Front Page News
- Chrome for Android gets better Data Saver mode for countries with slow networks in Front Page News
- Adobe renames Flash to Adobe Animate, embracing HTML 5 in Front Page News
- Nexus 6P - A personal review in Front Page News
- Editorial: It's time to stop making excuses for Microsoft's mobile efforts in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.