Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Girl, 9, kills Arizona shooting instructor with Uzi in accident in Real World News
- Faster hard drive ... in Hardware Hangout
- Scalemate Beta 1 - Out now in Software created by our members
- Windows XP 'Unofficial Service Pack 4' brings updates to Microsoft's obsolete OS in Front Page News
- printer madness with OS X clients in multi-OS environment in Internet, Network & Security
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- install a root CA on to iOS? in Internet, Network & Security
- Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. Wii U: Microsoft Still Trailing Behind in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.