Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Marriage Equality returns to the Supreme Court in Domestic Politics
- Crimes people commit? in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- What kind of activity can I get involved in that's gender balanced? in The Hobby Corner
- Turtle Beach Impact 700 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - unboxing and first impressions in Front Page News
- Sorting files in windows explorer (Windows 7) in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Anti-Gay GOP Lawmaker Outed After Sending Explicit Photo To Another Man in Real World News
- Neowin.net PC Game Giveaways in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.