Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Here are the known issues in Windows 10 Insider build 10532 in Front Page News
- Looking for a small yet decently powered computer in Hardware Hangout
- From leaked parts comes a semi-functional 'iPhone 6S' in Front Page News
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion News
- Microsoft rolls out another cumulative update for Windows 10, but only for build 10240 in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10532 is now rolling out to the Fast ring in Front Page News
- Samsung Pay now available as an invite-only beta in the US in Front Page News
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.