Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- which device are you waiting for? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Sony now Calls the PS Vita a “Legacy Platform” Outside of Japan / Asia in Sony Console
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- Does Facebook Turn People Into Narcissists ? in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.