Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Going back to Windows 7 (New Dell XPS 8700 with w8.1 preinstalled) in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- PC won't boot / no power to I/O core in Hardware Hangout
- Watch Microsoft's GDC Keynote here in Front Page News
- Port Forwarding Server with interface to choose from multiple destinations in Internet, Network & Security
- Patch My PC 220.127.116.11 in Front Page News
- Dem media: "Hillary Clinton Is Not Ready for Prime Time" in Domestic Politics
- TextSecure: Encrypted messaging app for Android in Android
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.