Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- Vocal EDM recommendations in Wall of Sound
- Crimes people commit? in General Discussion
- Pre-order crisis looms as 3.4m UK gamers hold off in Gamers' Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Fan Controllers... in Hardware Hangout
- Windows 10 Windows To Go USB in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- April 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Microsoft's Windows Phone app can now backup contacts and messages to microSD in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.