Deciding that 5.9% search share isn't enough, InterActiveCorp (owner of Ask.com) has launched a publically available search site with a new three-paned interface. The left pane of the search results provides a control panel that allows changing or modifying the original search query. The middle pane provides the search results while the right pane pulls data from other IAC sites and the Internet. The links in this last pane offer links to events, shopping, videos, blogs, Wikipedia entries, the list goes on. Since many users are too scared to click a link, Ask has decided to offer a thumbnail preview of the search results. As of October, according to comScore Networks, Ask's search share is just over an eighth's of Google's (45.4%).
- A Hidden Message in Apple’s Terms and Conditions in Real World News
- The question of life and gods answered in It's a Conspiracy!
- VM Host in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Avatar Bug - any browser in Site & Forum Issues
- Twitter connecting issue in Site & Forum Issues
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- Why are Nintendo controllers so painful to use? in Nintendo Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.