Today, AT&T has begun taking pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 online and at AT&T stores nationwide. The handset will initially launch in black and retail for $199.99 on a two-year contract. Customers can also take advantage of AT&T's NEXT program and pay $25 for the 18 and $32.50 for the 12 NEXT plan.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 features:
- Colors: Charcoal Black and Shimmery White
- Display: Brilliant 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED® display, wide viewing angles and Multi Window capability
- Memory: 2 GB RAM and 16 GBs internal storage3 with microSD support up to 128GB
- 50GB free storage: Available with AT&T Locker for AT&T Mobile Share Value customers
- Camera: 16 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus for ultra-fast focus times to never miss a moment
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Processor: 2.5 GHz quad core
- Battery: 2,800 mAh
- Size: 72.5 x 142 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 145g
- Built-in fingerprint sensor unlocks and locks to provide secure password protection
- S Health™4: Newly integrated platform lets you track nutrition, fitness and wellness, and includes the world’s first Heart Rate Sensor integrated into a smartphone
Along with the Galaxy S5, AT&T will also carry the Samsung Gear 2 or Gear 2. Starting on March 21st AT&T will offer $50 off the price of the watch with a purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S5. This offer expires June 5th and is valid in stores and online. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to release in April.
Source: AT&T | Image via Samsung