The second booster pack is titled "Armored Fury" and that will be released March 28th. The pack will obviously focus on mechanized combat, on large scale maps that are reminiscent of some other memorable maps from Battlefield 1942 - El Alamein. There will be 3 new maps, Operation Harvest, Midnight Sun and Operation Road Rage. There will also be 2 new vehicle classes: Attack jets and Recon helicopters. Both Euro Force and Armored Fury will be available on the EA Downloader service for Â£5.99.
In addition to the announcement of these booster packs, some more information was released on the upcoming patch for Battlefield 2. Needless to say some of the fixes are certainly long overdue and very welcome.
- All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the "G" key.
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- APC Update – "Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials". This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC's have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.