Best Buy has announced plans to open its first three electronics stores in the United Kingdom, according to The Best Buy Bulletin. The first will arrive during May, in Thurrock, Essex. The next two will arrive a month later in Hedge End, Southampton and Merry Hill, West Midlands. Further on in Autumn they also plan to open another in Croydon, Surrey, estimating it will create 100 jobs.
Best Buy highlighted what is has to offer in the UK:
- Blueshirts and Geek Squad agents don't earn commission, truly impartial advice.
- Best Buy will set a device up for you. Buying a mobile phone, e.g. They will transfer contacts for you.
- Book a consultation with a blueshirt or Geek Squad agent.
- Trade in old devices to earn in-store discounts.
- Try most products before you purchase.
- Price match on any product with a 10% extra discount.
Terms and conditions apply.
Overall, Best Buy plan to have a nationwide chain of stores by 2021. Best Buy will face stiff competition in the UK, with successful retailers like; Comet, Currys, Argos, Maplin and Dixons all performing well. However, if Best Buy manage to keep prices low and goods of a high quality, they should start to gain ground in no time.