Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Cop almost hit my car... then apologizes - amazing ! in General Discussion
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide in Real World News
- Best current forum software? in Web Design / Programming
- Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video in Real World News
- Dell NVIDIA GeForce 845M 2GB in Hardware Hangout
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
- Low power & high efficiency PSU in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.