Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Valve Is Not Psyched It Got An 'F' In Customer Service in Computer Gaming
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10: Fast or Faster? Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- straight talk unlimted? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Installing directx 9 on Windows 8? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.