Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- Is OneDrive for me? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Network switch strobing or flashing continuously in Internet, Network & Security
- Bill to Ban Mentally Ill from Owning Guns in Domestic Politics
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.