Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- [OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RTM Discussion - Build Number 10.0.10240 in microsoft windows discussion support
- How to delete notifications> in site forum issues
- PlayStation Plus in August 2015 in sony console
- Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PC in early 2016, PS4 in holiday 2016 in gamers hangout
- Malaysia Airlines 'loses contact with plane' (and search effort updates) in real world news
- Windows Update in Windows 10: A massive bag of hurt in microsoft windows discussion support
- Clean install for Windows 10? in microsoft windows discussion support
- IPB4 upgrade announcement in site forum issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.