Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- D3200 with 18-55mm + 55 - 200mm worth it? in Digital Camera Lab
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- Coaches at Catholic school ‘had sex with students for years’ in Real World News
- 5000 likes in Milestones and Achievements
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Xbox Music update brings Live Tile support and other fixes. in Windows Phone
- Microsoft's Lumia 630 now available from £89.95 in the UK in Front Page News
- Seagate harddrive in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.