Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Ultimate Icon Converter : Create and convert .ICO files very easily in Software created by our members
- Play Dishonored for free until Sunday in Computer Gaming
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in Computer Gaming
- never go full retard! in General Discussion
- Pay to beta test in Gamers' Hangout
- Neowin.net PC Gamer IDs in Computer Gaming
- My new Haswell-E build in Hardware Hangout
- Is Destiny coming to the PC? in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.