Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Huge performance degredation with Firefox 38 in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5409 in Front Page News
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- screen recording software in Software Discussion & Support
- Audacity in Software Discussion & Support
- Sir Jony Ive gets promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple in Front Page News
- A Newbie wants to Learn in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.