Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Wife kills herself over 'Gay' Spouse in Real World News
- European Outlets in General Discussion
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Logitech moving away from mouse and keyboard business in Real World News
- SGS6 vs. HTC One M9 in Android
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- US to launch blitz of gas exports, eyes global energy dominance in Real World Issues
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.