Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Battlefield 3 PC or Battlefield 4 PC ? in Computer Gaming
- Weird blue gradient background and clouds breaking the site in Site & Forum Issues
- Duplicate post bug in Site & Forum Issues
- Muslim woman offended by restaurant Bacon ad in Real World News
- Torch Browser 184.108.40.20603 in Front Page News
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Dropbox Pro now $9.99 a month for 1TB, but Microsoft still offers a better deal in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.