Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Fable Legends may be free to play... in Microsoft Console
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
- Unable to play Forza Horizon 2, initial update failing in Microsoft Console
- Need Help with setting up an AMD FX Liquid CPU Cooler in Hardware Hangout
- Better compliance with DNT in Site & Forum Issues
- Falcon 9: ABS-SatMex (dual Boeing commsats) in Science Discussion & News
- Why are people buying their consoles? Nielsen survey results in Gamers' Hangout
- Score a $10 Xbox gift card when you pre order games from the Microsoft Store in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.