Yes that's right folks, the fine people at Infinity Ward and Activision finally got around to patching the PC version of Call of Duty 2 - months and months after this patch was originally promised. Ah well, better late than never I suppose. Anyway, this patch adds the following to the game:
- Optional Punkbuster anti-cheat technology!
- A "Message of the Day" function for server messages to clients
- Improved map spawns on all maps
- HTTP Redirect for servers to use for clients to download maps or mods
- Two new maps as announced - Rhine and the Call of Duty 1 remake - Harbor!
The patch also fixes some bugs which includes the following:
- A client exploit that caused multiplayer servers to crash
- Rare AMD dual core bug which stopped single player health regeneration
- Other numerous multiplayer fixes and exploits
The patch is 33mb in size and can be downloaded from the following mirrors: