Speaking on the official Call of Duty forums, Josh Olin, Treyarch Community Manager has confirmed that Patch 1.6 and Map Pack 3 for Call of Duty: World at War PC will be released next week. The free update will fix various problems in the game in addition to adding three new multiplayer maps and one new Nazi Zombie map.
The following is a list of what to expect in the patch:
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Battery (mp_drum), Breach (mp_bgate), Revolution (mp_vodka)
- New Nazi Zombie map: Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory), an all-new Zombie map set in a secret Nazi research facility featuring the Pack A Punch Machine, Teleporters, and many more undead hordes
- Exploits pertaining to Demo playback
- Favorites list now ignores filter settings
- Fixed S&D round counting error when roundlimit is reached
- New feature: in-game Add to Favorites
- Friends list: green online indicator
- Starting the game in Safe Mode will no longer toggle the "Soften Smoke Edges" graphic option
- Fixed various crashes
- Mods: Client will no longer join a modded Co-op server via Game Invite unless they have that mod loaded
Mods: Client running a mod will be asked to unload the mod if they attempt to join an unmodded server
- Mods: All singleplayer levels can now be run with a mod loaded
- Additionally, we do expect a concurrent release of the Mod Tools 1.4 package, Linux dedicated 1.6 bins, and the Steam 1.6 day-of-date with this patch. More details on those will be made available once they get cleared through testing.