A Chinese firm is suing the internet giant Google over its Chinese name, saying it is too much like its own name and is harming its business. Google's Chinese subsidiary has transliterated its name to Guge. Beijing Guge Science and Technology Ltd told Reuters news agency that people were constantly phoning its office trying to contact search engine Google. "We just want Google to change their commercial name," said Tian Yunshan of Beijing Guge. Mr Tian said that people looking for Google in a local telephone directory assistance service were directed to his company because Google is not listed.
- Anticipating Windows 10 RTM - would It Be Build 10400 or Build 10800? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- CBS News reports Subway's Jared Fogle is a suspect in a child porn probe | UPDATE in Real World News
- Adblocking... Could Patreon revolutionise the internet? in General Discussion
- Ruins of the Soviet space shuttle program in Science Discussion & News
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Was it fears of seeming racist that protected 'America's Dad' for so long? in Real World Issues
- OpenSSHd SFTP w/ Upload Only account (no patching required) in HOW TO & FAQ Guides
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.