A Chinese firm is suing the internet giant Google over its Chinese name, saying it is too much like its own name and is harming its business. Google's Chinese subsidiary has transliterated its name to Guge. Beijing Guge Science and Technology Ltd told Reuters news agency that people were constantly phoning its office trying to contact search engine Google. "We just want Google to change their commercial name," said Tian Yunshan of Beijing Guge. Mr Tian said that people looking for Google in a local telephone directory assistance service were directed to his company because Google is not listed.
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Man nearly beaten to death by group of teenagers because he tried to do the right thing in Real World Issues
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- 4K monitor first try in Hardware Hangout
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.