A Chinese firm is suing the internet giant Google over its Chinese name, saying it is too much like its own name and is harming its business. Google's Chinese subsidiary has transliterated its name to Guge. Beijing Guge Science and Technology Ltd told Reuters news agency that people were constantly phoning its office trying to contact search engine Google. "We just want Google to change their commercial name," said Tian Yunshan of Beijing Guge. Mr Tian said that people looking for Google in a local telephone directory assistance service were directed to his company because Google is not listed.
- Quebec resident Alain Philippon to fight charge for not giving up phone password at airport in Back Page News
- Jawdropping: Oldest human fossil fills in a 2.8-million-year-old gap in evolution in Science Discussion & News
- If S6 fails then Flagship is dead for Android in Android
- Why aren't other Windows tablets/hybrids (besides the Surface) selling? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Need some help from someone with Raspberry experience. in Hardware Hangout
- Raspberry PI 2 - Amazon, other stores? in Hardware Hangout
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.