Did you wonder how your computer and browser connects to a specific server on the Internet only by giving it a human readable address, like www.google.com? There is an important link in the chain of connectivity between your computer/table/laptop/smartphone and servers on the net which is called DNS: Domain Name System. By default the IP address of the DNS server used by your connection is set most of the time automatically by your computer, which queries this data directly from your Internet provider.
This tool makes DNS change more easy and faster giving you a series of options like choosing from preset groups of DNS servers the one that fits your browsing habits.
ChrisPC DNS Switch provides you a simple but effective graphic user interface to select the network adapter/card and change its corresponding DNS with the selected DNS from the preset lists or with a custom DNS. Features are diverse and give you the possibility to maintain your DNS database. Furthermore with your children browsing the internet you might choose to switch to a Family Safe DNS server to steer clear of harmful websites like adult ones, or those that encourage violence, drugs and/or indecent behavior. In the end it might be that you just want a faster DNS than the one your internet provider has, in which case you might use one of the Regular DNS preset group or one from your Custom DNS group.
ChrisPC DNS Switch has many key features like:
- Change your computer DNS with just 1 click.
- Set your favorite DNS or select one from the software's DNS Database.
- The DNS Database contains presets grouped by type: Regular DNS, Secure DNS, Family Safe DNS, Anonymous DNS and Custom DNS.
- Protect your online experience by using a Secure DNS server that filters out websites that are potentially threats to your PC (avoiding viruses, malware, trojans etc.)
- Block adult websites or those that encourage violence, drugs and/or indecent behavior by selecting a Family Safe DNS.
- Improve your privacy while you surf the internet by using an Anonymous DNS.
- Gain access to websites that are blocked or restricted in your country/area using a Regular or Anonymous DNS.
- Saves your initial DNS settings so you can safely restore them back at any time.
- Easy add and edit your own DNS address in the Custom DNS preset list.
- Fast Switch your DNS from systray popup menu.
- Launch software on Windows boot.
- Minimize ChrisPC DNS Switch to systray.
What's new in this version:
- Updated DNS list.
- Minor fixes and improvements.