Walmart may or may not be on the verge of offering a $198 Toshiba HD DVD player, but CircuitCity already is. That's right, Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500 is now priced at $200 at CircuitCity, available via online purchase with free shipping or in-store pickup. Toshiba is pushing the price advantage viciously, but will it be enough? One can argue that whether or not Walmart offers the $200 price tag is much more important, seeing as it is the biggest retailer in the U.S. I personally believe that the rumours are true, and expect the Walmart offer to begin within a week. It will be very interesting to see how Sony will respond; there is still much time until the holidays. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- 'Halo 5: Guardians' is coming Oct. 27, as revealed in a live-action trailer in Front Page News
- Sling TV Support a Joke :) in General Discussion
- Very high latency to router: game server in Internet, Network & Security
- aftermarket accessories for accord v6 in The Neobahn
- I used putty to connect to a server - how do I actually log in? in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.