Walmart may or may not be on the verge of offering a $198 Toshiba HD DVD player, but CircuitCity already is. That's right, Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500 is now priced at $200 at CircuitCity, available via online purchase with free shipping or in-store pickup. Toshiba is pushing the price advantage viciously, but will it be enough? One can argue that whether or not Walmart offers the $200 price tag is much more important, seeing as it is the biggest retailer in the U.S. I personally believe that the rumours are true, and expect the Walmart offer to begin within a week. It will be very interesting to see how Sony will respond; there is still much time until the holidays. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- What's the name of your Wi-fi? in Internet, Network & Security
- Steam begins allowing mod creators to sell their work in Computer Gaming
- Grand Theft Auto V in Gamers' Hangout
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Microsoft releases Build 2015 apps for Windows Phone, Android, and iOS in Front Page News
- When threads collide in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.