Walmart may or may not be on the verge of offering a $198 Toshiba HD DVD player, but CircuitCity already is. That's right, Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500 is now priced at $200 at CircuitCity, available via online purchase with free shipping or in-store pickup. Toshiba is pushing the price advantage viciously, but will it be enough? One can argue that whether or not Walmart offers the $200 price tag is much more important, seeing as it is the biggest retailer in the U.S. I personally believe that the rumours are true, and expect the Walmart offer to begin within a week. It will be very interesting to see how Sony will respond; there is still much time until the holidays. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
- Hundreds attend funeral of Copenhagen gunman in Real World News
- The Order 1886 has gone gold in Sony Console
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Start Menu Concept in Microsoft Beta
- SpaceX Falcon Heavy (updates & maiden flight) in Science Discussion & News
- Neowin Windows Insiders that have been invited to MWC? in Microsoft Beta
- Low power & high efficiency PSU in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.