ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and 2003. ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge. It features:
* High detection rates for viruses and spyware.
* Scanning Scheduler.
* Automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database.
* Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer.
* Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
Notes: This release includes rather significant upgrade of clamav binaries to version 0.90 as well as an option to scan MS Windows executable files only, which should improve scanning times by skipping media files, etc.
Changes: Version 0.90 - 26 February 2006
- Upgraded ClamAV to 0.90
- Added option to scan only MS Windows Executable files (detection is done by file content rather than extension) - Added "Email Scanning" tab to preferences with an option to disable scanning of incoming and/or outgoing emails in MS Outlook
- Added "Technical Support" link to Help Menu