Using the UK implementation of European anti-spam laws, a man won Â£750 in compensation from a UK firm after receiving a single spam email. Edinburgh's Sheriff Court ordered Transcom Internet Services to pay a total of Â£1,369 including costs to 30 year-old Gordon Dick. He has now decided to set up Scotchspam.com to help other internet users bring spammers to court: "If you are fed up with increasing amounts of spam email in your mailbox then make a legal claim now and make the spammers pay for their actions. The courts are sensitive to putting right these misdemeanours and the small claims procedures are ideally suited for individuals to take low cost legal action. We are trying to encourage ISPs and email providers to join us in taking a socially responsible approach by working together to help end users take legal action to drive spammers from the UK by using existing laws," said Dick.
- Hilarious web 3.0 startup generator! in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- How to turn your Apple Watch gold in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Evolution GUI Arch installer in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Mac OS X Desktops: 2Q 2015 in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Case for portable HDD in Hardware Hangout
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.