Using the UK implementation of European anti-spam laws, a man won Â£750 in compensation from a UK firm after receiving a single spam email. Edinburgh's Sheriff Court ordered Transcom Internet Services to pay a total of Â£1,369 including costs to 30 year-old Gordon Dick. He has now decided to set up Scotchspam.com to help other internet users bring spammers to court: "If you are fed up with increasing amounts of spam email in your mailbox then make a legal claim now and make the spammers pay for their actions. The courts are sensitive to putting right these misdemeanours and the small claims procedures are ideally suited for individuals to take low cost legal action. We are trying to encourage ISPs and email providers to join us in taking a socially responsible approach by working together to help end users take legal action to drive spammers from the UK by using existing laws," said Dick.
- This ain't yo mama's surge protector in General Discussion
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Help with hyperlinks on my pages, please? in Web Design / Programming
- Tell me why you think Firefox is better. in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Hackintosh Help in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 TP updates in Microsoft Beta
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.