Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Will Neowin update forum design? in General Discussion
- Nick H. moved to Supervisor in Site Announcements
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- I'll do anything in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Is There Chrome Bookmarks Bar Add-On? in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.