Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- The Control Panel may soon disappear in future Windows 10 builds in Front Page News
- NASA Orion crew exploration vehicle (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Surface Pen support might be on the way for the Lumia 950 XL in Front Page News
- Orbital Sciences Antares 200 launcher (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Elon Musk: Apple is 'Tesla's graveyard' for people who fail at Tesla in Front Page News
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 7) in Science Discussion News
- Star Wars Battlefront open beta test kicks off today in Front Page News
- Giveaway: OLALA C2 6000mAh portable battery pack in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.