Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- My new Haswell-E build in Hardware Hangout
- Israel caught using Palestinian teen as human shield. in Real World Issues
- Fuji Xerox printer 'comes to your desk' with documents in Back Page News
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Judge Effectively Decriminalizes Polygamy in Utah in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Need help with RegEx in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.