Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- IPB4 upgrade announcement in site forum issues
- Zidoo's 'X1' is a $59 Android media box that touts its 4K prowess in front page news
- Windows 10 - Xbox app icon changed? in microsoft windows discussion support
- [UK] Can someone post an image of a Linx tablet charger? in hardware hangout
- Remote desktop not working in Windows 10? in microsoft windows discussion support
- Windows 10 is a great upgrade, but it isn't quite there yet in front page news
- Scammers capitalise on Windows 10's popularity in latest ploy in front page news
- Bad harddrive or something else? in hardware hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.