Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Headteachers threaten to contact police over children playing 18-rated games in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- Cities: Skylines in Computer Gaming
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Windows 10 build 10041 - System/hard locks in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Ex-CFO who slammed Chick-fil-A now on foodstamps in Real World News
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Batman: Arkham Knight in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.