Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Best current forum software? in Web Design / Programming
- How many Neowinians have the OnePlus One and how has the experience been? in Android
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- IRS watchdog reveals Lois Lerner missing emails now subject of criminal probe in Domestic Politics
- Sound device and drivers installed but computer says "no". in Hardware Hangout
- Hundreds attend funeral of Copenhagen gunman in Real World News
- Start Menu Concept in Microsoft Beta
- Florida Officer Under Fire For Dragging Mentally Ill Woman By Her Ankles in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.