Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Microsoft is testing a new Bing maps app, public preview in the near future in Front Page News
- Germanwings/Lufthansa A320 down in France in Real World News
- exchange public facing server question in Server Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Xbox Games with Gold: April 2015 in Microsoft Console
- Windows 10 build 10041 - System/hard locks in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in Nintendo Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.