Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Windows 10 LTSB 1511 ISO in Microsoft Windows Support
- Call of Duty Black Ops III wont start - so glad I spent $50 on an icon. in Computer Gaming
- Buying new "laptop". Thoughs on the models? surface book? xps13? yoga 900 in Hardware Hangout
- Xbox Games with Gold for December includes five free titles in Front Page News
- Three Reasons Why Anti-Virus Alone is No Longer Enough in Back Page News
- Used Prius scams in The Neobahn
- 'I'm Going to Kill You': Man Screaming at Spider Prompts 'Domestic' Call, Police Response in Australia in Real World News
- Transformers in The Hobby Corner
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.