Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- ESXi 5.5 - My Experience (and some questions) in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days in General Discussion
- Some changes at the top (Administrators & Founder groups) in Site Announcements
- E-Cigarrette in General Discussion
- Need a few users to test VPN Server in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.