Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Adblocking... Could Patreon revolutionise the internet? in General Discussion
- Ruins of the Soviet space shuttle program in Science Discussion & News
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- CBS News reports Subway's Jared Fogle is a suspect in a child porn probe | UPDATE in Real World News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Was it fears of seeming racist that protected 'America's Dad' for so long? in Real World Issues
- OpenSSHd SFTP w/ Upload Only account (no patching required) in HOW TO & FAQ Guides
- OnePlus 2 to feature 4GB LPDDR4 RAM in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.