Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- yazidis face genocide at the hands of Islamic State in Real World Issues
- U.S. launches military operation against al-Shabaab group in Somalia in Real World Issues
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- Help out a great charity? by purchasing games? in Computer Gaming
- Mobile Device Desktops in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- The US government is not happy with Silicon Valley's free lunch in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.