Almost exactly three years has now passed since the first Live cards were released. With the launch of the Live card one of, if not the most compelling feature was Creative Labs claim that the chip that powered it, Emu10k1, could be reprogrammed through software to support new features without a performance hit. Not long after, they unveiled the new Live!Ware program, the name Creative choose for their driver upgrade program. The features that have been added over the last 3 years in software include an increase from 8 to 32 3D sound streams, dramatically improved 3D audio engine, improved reverb engine, support for occlusion and obstructions through EAX 2.0 and wide range of software programs ranging from dramatically improved configuration software (e.g. Live!Task and Surround Mixer) to completely separate programs (e.g. Oozic (formerly Lava), and MiniDisc center).
- Nintendo Unveils New 3DS in Nintendo Console
- TechSpot: AMD Radeon R9 285 Review - Tonga GPU Makes its Debut in Front Page News
- What is neowin.net and why is my computer sending HTTP POST messages to neowin.net/spy? in Introduce Yourself
- [Book Review] Lock In - John Scalzi in Reviews by Members for Members
- The Death Waltz in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Saints Row Writer Accepts Anita Sarkeesian's Critique of His Games in Gamers' Hangout
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank land in Real World Issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.