Ubisoft released the first free piece of downloadable content for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood today, the update adds a new map and a brand new game mode too. We also have news on the latest AMD Catalyst release and the announcement earlier today of a brand new RTS title due early next year called Elements of War.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Animus Project Update 1.0 released
Ubisoft released the Animus Project Update 1.0 for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood earlier today. The downloadable content has been released for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Ubisoft also stated that version 2.1 will be released sometime next month and will once again be a free download. The update has a new game mode and a brand new map for multiplayer, more details are below:
The Animus Project Update 1.0 includes a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The game mode, Advanced Alliance, makes the original Alliance Mode with target identification and engagement more difficult than in original Alliance Mode, thus providing a more challenging experience for players. With three teams of two players each, Advanced Alliance is a tougher test for players and rewards teams that use stealth techniques to hunt their targets.
Located on a rocky tidal island of Normandy in France, the new map, Mont Saint-Michel, offers breathtaking scenery sure to enchant all. Its particular topography of narrow streets, high-perched bell-tower and multi-leveled architecture is perfect for hunters and predators alike to surge from out of nowhere to execute their prey. To survive, recruits need to use free-running and narrow roads to their advantage.
The Animus Project Update 2.0 includes a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The Pienza Map provides the perfect free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear. In the new Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode two teams comprised of three players each partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. Also included is the new Templar Score feature to reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits.
AMD Catalyst 10.12 and the AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview released
AMD has released a new set of Catalyst drivers. The latest release, 10.12 also comes with a new version of the Catalyst Control Center which allows settings to be adjusted such as 3D, multiple displays and more.
AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview – Featuring the New Catalyst Control Center
- Try out the New Catalyst Control Center now!
Grab it here: http://game.amd.com
- The New Catalyst Control Center enables a simplified user experience to help users get the most out of their AMD product
Easily enable 3D settings to enhance game image quality
Setup multiple displays to increase productivity
Adjust power settings to increase battery life
Note: The AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview includes support for all of the Windows features listed below as well
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 10.12 Windows release include:
Support for DivX on the AMD Radeon 6800 Series
With DivX® software installed on an AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series and later GPU and the DivX Accelerated™ solution, consumers can enjoy an improved DivX video playback experience by lowering CPU load, extending computer battery life on notebooks, reducing noise on home theater PCs and improving overall computer operation.
Grab the DivX Accelerated download from here (Available December 15) http://go.divx.com/accelerated
Support for OpenGL 4.1
- New features introduced in OpenGL 4.1
Full compatibility with OpenGL ES 2.0 APIs for easier porting between mobile and desktop platform
The ability to query and load a binary for shader program objects to save re-compilation time
The capability to bind programs individually to programmable stages for programming flexibility
64-bit floating-point component vertex shader inputs for higher geometric precision
Multiple viewports for a rendering surface for increased rendering flexibility
New ARB extensions introduced with OpenGL 4.1
Linking OpenGL sync objects to OpenCL event objects for enhanced OpenCL interoperability
The ability to set stencil values in a fragment shader for enhanced rendering flexibility
Features to improve robustness, for example when running WebGL applications
Callback mechanisms to receive enhanced errors and warning messages
AMD Stream 2.3 SDK release
- Performance improvements for AMD’s OpenCL toolset
- Support UVD video hardware component through OpenCL driver (Windows 7 only)
- Support for the Stream Profiler on Linux (command line version)Support added for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
- Support for FFT and BLAS-3 libraries
- Stream Profiler enhancements (including timeline visualization)
- Resolves a number of bug fixes from the Stream SDK 2.2 release
Elements of War Announced
Kalypso today announced a new RTS title for Windows called Elements of War. The game is due for release early next year and has been in development by Lesta Studios. In the game you will control armies based in a near-future America. Not only can you control the armies but you can even control the weather and more. More details are below:
Kalypso Media, a global publisher of award-winning PC and console games is pleased to announce Elements of war, a real time strategy game unlike any other – where armies manipulate the forces of nature to rain down destruction on their foes or gain a tactical advantage by transforming the battlefield with hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes. Players will battle across the United States in this futuristic title, which features dozens of real-world and unconventional units.Elements of War is currently in development by Lesta Studios for Windows PC and is scheduled for a February 2011 release.
Set on Earth in the not-so-distant future, Elements of War focuses on a conflict for the survival of humanity that ensues after a secret military weather control experiment sets in motion a near-complete global climate collapse. Three factions battle on American soil for control of fearsome weather-based weapons, granting them the power to use tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, torrential rains and other forces of nature as weapons of war.
- Three Diverse Factions –Battle in a near-future America as the “Ravens” (the U.S. military trying to protect the secret experiment), the “EEB” (a European coalition that invades to capture the nature-based weapons) and the “Patriots” (a paramilitary force, fighting for their country’s survival) collide
- Control the Weather, Control the World –Six weather-based weapons allow players to dominate and transform the battlefield with tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes and other elements of war, impacting supply lines, slowing troop movements and devastating the enemy
- A Visually Stunning Battlefield –A modern graphics engine beautifully renders highly detailed units, while realistic destruction physics create a believable theatre of war
- Conventional and “What If” Weaponry –More than 40 realistic and fictional units and weapons from the American, Russian and European military arsenals
- Challenging Campaign, Massive Theatre of War –Fight across a challenging 12 mission campaign, each massive map offering diverse tactical challenges
- Fierce Multiplayer Action –Control Russian or American military units with 25 upgrade options, while defeating marauder gangs in 10 diverse PvE multiplayer game types
PlayStation 3 News
Killzone 3 split-screen co-op announced
According to an interview on 1UP, Killzone 3 will now support co-op via split screen, something that many users hoped would be added to the game. More details on the new feature when we get it.
PlayStation Plus EU subscribers get DC Universe access
As of today, PlayStation Plus subscribers in Europe now have access to the beta test of DC Universe. The game is now in the PlayStation Plus section of the online store.
Remember that you can discuss all of these games and more on our Gaming forums here at Neowin.