PotPlayer is an extremely light-weight multimedia player for Windows. It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development. Supports almost every available video formats out there. PotPlayer contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
Distinctive features of the player is a high quality playback, support for all modern video and audio formats and a built DXVA video codecs. A wide range of subtitles are supported and you are also able to capture audio, video, and screenshots. A comprehensive video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. It's been described on the Internet as The KMPlayer redux, and it pretty much is.
What's new in this version:
- Added Japanese translation
- Added the ability to set whether to show built-in hardware decoder/encoder selections
- Added support for Stereoscopic 3D mode of Windows 8 or newer
- Added the ability to view playlist items as thumbnails
- Fixed a problem that can not login with daum account from certain PCs
- Fixed an abnormal operation when pan & scanning in fullscreen mode
- Fixed a problem that can not play certain MOV files
- Added the ability to set how the program should connect to a FTP server
- Added a new Russian translation (which is suitable to the dialog interface)