Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment.
When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
Defraggler main features:
- Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
- Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
- Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
- Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
- Boot time defrag of system files
- Supports 37 major languages
What's new in this version:
- Added Disk Performance graphs to Statistics tab.
- Added Quick Optimize for SSD.
- Added ability to view information for different drives when an operation is in progress.
- Improved Health tab loading speed.
- Added new scriptable /UPDATE parameter for background updates. (Defraggler Professional only).
- Improved detection of files without extensions in File list tab.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.