According to its company blog, Dell has plans to offer Ubuntu Linux to more consumers in additional locations outside the United States as well as to small business customers. Further information will come this summer. The world's second PC manufacturer also plans to have an expanded group of Linux engineers (including Matt Domsch, John Hull and Michael E. Brown) provide frequent minor updates regarding the operating system via the Linux category on the company blog. Dell seems to be quite stubborn in giving consumers what they want and the company may have started quite a ripple in the Linux community: 'If the rumors about HP offering Ubuntu are true, we're glad to see other vendors join us in support of Ubuntu and open source. We welcome HP and other system vendors that want to join in this initiative.'
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers Hangout
- Are Asus desktops reliable? in Hardware Hangout
- Microsoft: Handing over cross-border data could cause international discord between US and EU in Front Page News
- Star Citizen Drama in Computer Gaming
- Battlefield Hardline to be free next week via EA Access in Front Page News
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- Nvidia releases GeForce 358.50 WHQL game-ready driver for Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta in Front Page News
- GNU / Linux October 2015 Desktops in Linux Unix Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.