According to its company blog, Dell has plans to offer Ubuntu Linux to more consumers in additional locations outside the United States as well as to small business customers. Further information will come this summer. The world's second PC manufacturer also plans to have an expanded group of Linux engineers (including Matt Domsch, John Hull and Michael E. Brown) provide frequent minor updates regarding the operating system via the Linux category on the company blog. Dell seems to be quite stubborn in giving consumers what they want and the company may have started quite a ripple in the Linux community: 'If the rumors about HP offering Ubuntu are true, we're glad to see other vendors join us in support of Ubuntu and open source. We welcome HP and other system vendors that want to join in this initiative.'
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Do you use your resources? in Web Design / Programming
- Galaxy S6 Achieves Monstrously High Benchmark Scores, Leaves HTC One M9 In The Dust in Android
- March 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Google Chrome Issues in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- StickyNotes for Windows - Beta 9.3 in Software created by our members
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.