According to its company blog, Dell has plans to offer Ubuntu Linux to more consumers in additional locations outside the United States as well as to small business customers. Further information will come this summer. The world's second PC manufacturer also plans to have an expanded group of Linux engineers (including Matt Domsch, John Hull and Michael E. Brown) provide frequent minor updates regarding the operating system via the Linux category on the company blog. Dell seems to be quite stubborn in giving consumers what they want and the company may have started quite a ripple in the Linux community: 'If the rumors about HP offering Ubuntu are true, we're glad to see other vendors join us in support of Ubuntu and open source. We welcome HP and other system vendors that want to join in this initiative.'
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- Is OnePlus One Purposefully Being Ironic? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- iPhone 6 preorders to begin September 19th in the Netherlands in Front Page News
- [Free][Android] Furball Rampage & also a poll in Mobile Gaming
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank lan in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.