Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
- ASUS PB287Q - Does It Cut the 4K Mustard? in Hardware Hangout
- Do you think Microsoft Access have a long future or short future ahead? in Software Discussion & Support
- Audi have successfully made diesel fuel from carbon dioxide and water in Science Discussion & News
- Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare in Internet, Network & Security
- What kind of activity can I get involved in that's gender balanced? in The Hobby Corner
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.