Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- September 2014 Desktops in General Discussion
- Run script at boot as root to reset keyboard backlight in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- Tech Comics in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Nokia and collaborators to build 5G test network in Finland by early 2015 in Front Page News
- Have you updated OpenSSL? in Site & Forum Issues
- What is neowin.net and why is my computer sending HTTP POST messages to neowin.net/spy? in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.