Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Stamp collector offering $100G for 'Inverted Jennies' in Real World News
- Jimquisition: Social Justice Warriors ... and Ganondorf in Gamers' Hangout
- Microsoft is reportedly buying 'Minecraft' developer Mojang for $2 billion in Gamers' Hangout
- Merits of using pre-increment vs post-increment operator in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- PS3 or PS4? Looking for good exclusives. in Sony Console
- We are on Mars in It's a Conspiracy!
- Minecraft PS4 and PS3 Will Not Be Discontinued By Microsoft in Sony Console
- Woman Charged With Sex Attack On Sleeping Man in Real World News