Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Anyone Know A Good Kindle To PDF Converter Program? in Software Discussion & Support
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- Hi, everyone here! in Introduce Yourself
- how do you backup your ipod music? in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- P.T. on the PS4 was an interactive teaser for the new Silent Hill made by Kojima and Del Toro in Gamers' Hangout
- [OT] Wolfenstein: The Old Blood in Gamers' Hangout
- Was it fears of seeming racist that protected 'America's Dad' for so long? in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.