Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare in Internet, Network & Security
- I LOL'd in General Discussion
- Will it blend? - Apple Watch in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Computer Business From Home in General Discussion
- What kind of activity can I get involved in that's gender balanced? in The Hobby Corner
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- GNU / Linux April 2015 Desktops in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.