Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- iPhone 6 to LG Flex 2 - Good Deal? in Android
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.