Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- What does everyone think of the new IE now Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Bought new monitor - tower sometimes doesn't boot now in Hardware Hangout
- Changing IP configuration on NIC does not work - any reason why that would happen? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- My car's stolen first time in Milestones and Achievements
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Google slashes Nexus 6 prices in UK, now available from just £304 in Front Page News
- What features Win10 is missing? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.