Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Exchange Cert Setup Help! in Server Support
- Indiana pizzeria swarmed with negative Yelp reviews after saying it won't cater gay weddings in Real World Issues
- 100049.... any point...? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Android - cached (offline) walking data in Android
- How to get a refund after a return in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- build 10049 mail etc not working (after making them work in previous build with old store fix) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.