Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Tell me why you think Firefox is better. in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- How many Neowinians have the OnePlus One and how has the experience been? in Android
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- RAM bad? in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- Running a central antivirus on WS2012R2 for domain clients in Software Discussion & Support
- Fable Legends may be free to play... in Microsoft Console
- SpaceX Dragon 2 - testing & updates in Science Discussion & News
- Is Microsoft ignoring the desktop again? in Microsoft Beta
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.