Shares of Dell fell nearly 13 percent Friday as investors took a pessimistic view on plans to reignite the computer maker's fortunes with a strategy that could lower profits in the short term. Shares tumbled $3.60, or 12.8 percent, to close at $24.54 in trading Friday, on news from Thursday's earnings report, released after the market's close. Dell CFO Don Carty told analysts that restructuring costs will cut into profits as the company seeks more acquisitions and layoffs. Carty added that a slower decline in component costs could also have an impact. The outlook overshadowed a 27 percent jump in third-quarter earnings.
- Hello Kitty is not a cat - she's a British school kid in Real World News
- Muslim woman offended by restaurant Bacon ad in Real World News
- any tips when visiting genius bar? in iPhone/iOS
- Weird blue gradient background and clouds breaking the site in Site & Forum Issues
- Girl, 9, kills Arizona shooting instructor with Uzi in accident in Real World News
- Xbox Music update brings Live Tile support and other fixes. in Windows Phone
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 4): F9, FH & Dragon in Science Discussion & News
- Falcon 9 - AsiaSat 6/ThaiCom 7 (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.