Social networking, a phenomenon which has experienced enormous growth since MySpace brought it into the mainstream, apparently has become so profitable that even Disney, mastermind behind animated classics such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, cannot resist its lure. Disney has reportedly bought Canadian site Club Penguin, a child-oriented virtual chatroom involving penguin avatars, for $350 million. According to figures released by Disney, Club Penguin boasts more than 12 million activated members, primarily from the US and Canada; founded in 2005, it is one of the fastest growing sites for kids aged six to fourteen. On the purchase, Disney President and CEO Bob Iger said, "Club Penguin embodies principles that are of the utmost importance to Disney, providing high-quality family entertainment and fostering parental trust." The new service will be called Disney's Club Penguin, and while the three original founders, Lane Merrifield, Dave Krysko and Lance Priebe, will join Disney's management team, the site will still remained based in Kelowna, Canada.
- FAKE(email@example.com) DOLLAR BILLS EUROS, POUND, FOR SELL HIGH QUALITY ? in hardware hangout
- IPB4 upgrade announcement in site forum issues
- Buy(firstname.lastname@example.org ) real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage certificates,diplomas etc for sell? in microsoft windows discussion support
- Immigrate and work aboard,buy burning bills ,euros ,passport,id card,driver licence? in site forum issues
- Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 - Using Win 8.1 key in microsoft windows discussion support
- Missing Avatar on Main Page in site forum issues
- International Space Station (Updates) in science discussion and news
- We finally know what Nokia's mystery product was: Ozo, a virtual reality camera in front page news
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.