DivX 10 introduces the latest codec and enables high quality DivX HEVC video creation and video streaming with existing DivX tools. Based on the newest video compression standard, DivX HEVC strives to deliver up to 50% better compression than its H.264-based predecessor, DivX Plus HD.
DivX 10 is the first software of its kind to integrate support for HEVC video across its products, including Player, Web Player and Converter—providing a free, all-in-one solution for HEVC video.
- DivX Player delivers real-time, high quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded video up to 1080p
- DivX Web Player enables efficient HEVC video streaming featuring progressive playback and download in your browser
- DivX Converter offers free, simple conversion to DIVX, MKV, MP4 and includes including new DivX HEVC 720p and 1080p video profiles
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) or H.265 is a new draft video compression standard and the successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding). Under development by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group and ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group, HEVC is designed for encoding (converting) and decoding (playing) video streams that can be stored and delivered more efficiently and economically. Simply put, HEVC can deliver the same visual quality as H.264 with about half the bitrate.
- Player resume video where last left off, or start from beginning
- Media Server added playback controls for streaming to DLNA Renderer devices
- Web Player added API for authored Chapter support
- Converter experimental CLI mode
- Fixed: Converter passthrough for AC3 audio tracks
- Fixed: Converter error 2 issue for specific MKV, MP4 files
- Fixed: Player can open HEVC video in MP4 container
- Fixed: Column size in Player’s Library View is saved
- Fixed: Player audio and subtitle menu in Icon always says "Track 0"
- Fixed: Web Player supports special character in video TitleName such as ‘&’
- Fixed: divx.dll video for windows codec no longer requires registration
Note: DivX includes 3rd party (optional) software.