DivX 10 introduces the latest codec and enables high quality DivX HEVC video creation and video streaming with existing DivX tools. Based on the newest video compression standard, DivX HEVC strives to deliver up to 50% better compression than its H.264-based predecessor, DivX Plus HD.
DivX 10 is the first software of its kind to integrate support for HEVC video across its products, including Player, Web Player and Converter—providing a free, all-in-one solution for HEVC video.
- DivX Player delivers real-time, high quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded video up to 1080p
- DivX Web Player enables efficient HEVC video streaming featuring progressive playback and download in your browser
- DivX Converter offers free, simple conversion to DIVX, MKV, MP4 and includes including new DivX HEVC 720p and 1080p video profiles
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) or H.265 is a new draft video compression standard and the successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding). Under development by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group and ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group, HEVC is designed for encoding (converting) and decoding (playing) video streams that can be stored and delivered more efficiently and economically. Simply put, HEVC can deliver the same visual quality as H.264 with about half the bitrate.
- Improved HEVC and AVC decoder
- Improved architecture for codec distribution
- Experimental DivX Live DASH streaming in Web Player
- Codec pack no longer offered in main DivX bundle
- Player rendering subtitles too large
- Converter runtime error when analyzing of RMVB or RM videos
- Converter error 21 issue on specific HEVC/MP4 video
- Converter transcoding of 15fps video
- Converter automatically adds subtitles in same folder
- Converter high bitrate issue with specific MPEG-TS file
- Media Server issues with folders when cancel button pressed
- Media Server random crash issue
- Corrected some translations errors