Are you seeking an adventure or just simply miss the days as a kid building castles and forts out of blocks? If so, you're in luck as Neowin now has its own Minecraft server(which is powered by Hostway) where you can relive your childhood and build anything you want without mom interrupting you and telling you to clean up the giant mess that you have made.
If this sounds good to you, come join your fellow Neowin members, in the world of Minecraft where you will have a chance to fight zombies, scavenging for food, mining stone or chopping down enough trees to build a hut.
We have two different worlds you can play in. A survival world, where anything goes but you're pretty much on your own and we also have a creative world, where you can build anything you like with any block and there are no limits. We do hope you guys enjoy it and have fun, and we're excited to see what type of creations you guys bring. But before you join, please read the instructions and rules below.
- Download a copy of the latest version of Minecraft
- To prevent griefing and have build permissions, you must post your minecraft username in this thread or in the comments of this post.
- Add mc.neowin.net or 18.104.22.168 and join!
- Build and have fun
- Be nice, polite, and respectful
- No Griefing, this is your only warning
- Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land
- Do not be annoying
- Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin
- Do not modify any other players builds without permission
- Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped
- Label all builds in creative
- Creative has some items blocked, ask Titan or God for placement/access
- Survival has little limitations, so its free reign, be warned (we have /lwc to lock chests)
- Gods - Server ops (Laurasaur, Timan, Fpbecker)
- Titans - Server mods
- Heros - Special people
- Citizens - Regular user
- Peons - Guests (you must be approved first)
- Survival (with nether & the end)
If you have any suggestions for our server, be sure to head over to the forum thread that has an active discussion on the topic. Happy building!